29 members have voted

1. 1. Which World?

• No Kill, all Vegan (no bacon)
    • Everyone kills their own animals for food

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 04:45 PM)
I had you confused with another poster. My regrets.

They probably all drink whey protein shakes, made from dairy (not to mention anabolic designer steroids) ;). And congratulations, you found 3 people out of 6 billion that look like that and eat plants. :P We have canines for a reason...you live a blessed life in which you can ignore what you are. Unfortunately, a lot of the world doesn't...also, without natural predators, many of these animals you love would over populate and starve out. We are predator #1. Top of the food chain. We aren't only supposed to kill...nature expects us to do so. Part of the master plan and all. The circle of life. Rent Lion King, James Earl Jones will explain how it works. :P

Edited by Y2HH

Why do people assume all vegans are weak and sickly? That's just not true. I eat meat, I love meat, and I will probably never stop, but it's not like there's anything inherently healthy about eating it, either. Think about it. You are eating a rotting animal carcass.

My dad rarely ate meat because he is Hindu so I grew up loving Indian food. If Americans knew that spices can make food taste good they would eat more vegetables. Indian food in yum tastic. At the very least, it would help cut down the amount of meat we consume. I love meat, but seriously meat should not be cheaper than vegetables.

I rarely ever eat red meat. Maybe once or twice a month, in a beef stew or something. I may have a burger if I am on vacation. I never eat steaks.

However, I do eat chicken and pork. I eat chicken probably 4 times a week, mainly as a source of protein, although I have been gradually cutting back more and more and adding other sources of protein, such as nuts. I also drink 2 protein shakes a day to make up for my lack of meat consumption.

I'm not sure I could ever entirely eliminate meat from my diet, but I do eat far less than the average American, and I am reducing the amount that I do eat more and more each year I feel. I need to continue to look for other sources of protein that are versatile and that I enjoy.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)
Why do people assume all vegans are weak and sickly? That's just not true. I eat meat, I love meat, and I will probably never stop, but it's not like there's anything inherently healthy about eating it, either. Think about it. You are eating a rotting animal carcass.

If you're eating rotting flesh, you are doing it wrong. ;)

And this poll would be a bit more fair if it were balanced...as it is, it's not.

If the meat eaters have to hunt, kill and clean their animals, the vegans should have to grow their own crops, too. Let's see who lives longer in that "fair" world. :P

This is how it would work...

I'd hunt and kill animals, eat them, have farmers like BigSqwert pay me in vegetables to keep rabbits and other such animals from eating up his crops...which I'd also eat...

And if I ran out of food during the winter, I'd bring my gun and keen hunting skills to Sqwerts house and see if we could work out a deal...if he gives me some crops, he can live.

:D

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
And if I ran out of food during the winter, I'd bring my gun and keen hunting skills to Sqwerts house and see if we could work out a deal...if he gives me some crops, he can live.

I like the way you think.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 09:09 PM)
And this poll would be a bit more fair if it were balanced...as it is, it's not.

If the meat eaters have to hunt, kill and clean their animals, the vegans should have to grow their own crops, too. Let's see who lives longer in that "fair" world. :P

This is how it would work...

I'd hunt and kill animals, eat them, have farmers like BigSqwert pay me in vegetables to keep rabbits and other such animals from eating up his crops...which I'd also eat...

My hunch is violence against animals would lead to violence against humans. Interesting you would post this.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 07:02 PM)
And congratulations, you found 3 people out of 6 billion that look like that and eat plants.

Dammit you caught me! There truly are only 3 vegan people that look like that in the entire world. You actually never met me either. I sent in a paid 6'4" extremely athletic actor to meet you guys up for drinks at Dylan's.

:lolhitting

**cough**

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
Dammit you caught me! There truly are only 3 vegan people that look like that in the entire world. You actually never met me either. I sent in a paid 6'4" extremely athletic actor to meet you guys up for drinks at Dylan's.

:lolhitting

**cough**

Hey Sqwert, do most synthetic protein formulas fit into a vegan lifestyle? Is that what a lot of the more athletically- inclined vegans do for protein? Or is it strictly natural protein mostly?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 10:41 PM)
Hey Sqwert, do most synthetic protein formulas fit into a vegan lifestyle? Is that what a lot of the more athletically- inclined vegans do for protein? Or is it strictly natural protein mostly?

Honestly I haven't been doing any body building for at least 10 years now so I don't know that answer. I do know there are vegan protein formulas. Whether most synthetics are vegan friendly I wouldn't know.

I heard good things about this product. Tony Gonzalez has a line as well.

Edited by BigSqwert