Who is the best player on the Sox right now?

southsider2k5

Sox player poll  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best player on the Sox right now?

• Paul Konerko
    • Adam Dunn
    • Matt Thornton
    • Mark Buehrle
    • John Danks
    • Chris Sale
    • Alex Rios
    • Alexei Ramirez
    • AJ Pierzynski
    • Jake Peavy

If he were healthy, I would vote for Jake Peavy, no doubt. But his muscle fell off and there is no telling how good he will be when he comes back. Therefore, I have to go with PK. He had an MVP-like season last year, and is not a defensive liability at all either. He will probably fall off from last year, but until then I have to vote for him.

The question is too vague. So I decided to break it down into categories.

* John Danks- Best Starting Pitcher. He is the most consistent SP on the staff and eats up a lot of innings. He is extremely valuable to the rotation.

* Alex Rios- Best all-around player. When it comes to tools, Alex has it all. He can hit for power, steel bases and cover a lot of ground out in CF. Its extremely refeshing to not have to worry about who will fill that CF void.

* Paul Konerko- Best Slugger. This guy can work the counts and can be a major run producer. He is the KING of the Southside and im very happy they brought him back.

* Alexei Ramirez- Best Defender. This guy is fun to watch. Watching him getting better and better with the glove each year has been a sight to see. I'm predicting GOLD GLOVE in 2011 :)

* Matt Thorton- Best Reliever. This guy has been our most consistent reliever for the past 5 seasons! He comes in and gets the job done. We may even see him in some closing situations in 2011.

* Gordon Beckham & Chris Sale- Most Promising. If these guys can live up to their potential in 2011. I think we can do a lot of damage in the central.

* Adam Dunn- Best Addition. We lacked left handed power last year and a true DH. KW filled that hole with the signing of Adam Dunn. His career .381 OPB and 100+ RBIs is going to give our offense a major booster.

* Carlos Quentin- Sleeping Giant. I know he has dissappointed us the past few seasons. However, now the pressure is off of him to be that main run producer, i think he will have a respectable season and play average defense. If we 75% of his production from 2008- that would be a HUGE lifter for this club.

* Ramon Castro- Under rated. He is one of my favorites on the team. He comes in to spell AJ- can give you a big hit when you need and calls a great game! Gotta give some love to my boy Ramon!! :)

I know these are just opinions- but it was fun to break it down like this. By doing so- it got me pretty excited for baseball and the start of 2011. The White Sox Are ALL IN and I cant wait!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
It's amazing that in 12 votes, 7 players have votes.

This tells us 2 things. First, we don't have a top, top, top of the league player (yet). That's not great. But, we also are very well rounded; there's very few people on this team that are easily beaten.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 12:50 PM)
I voted for Danks, but if we're going to ask who is the best at their job, it would be Thornton.

I had voted for Thornton and did indeed use your rationale. There's really no one else on the team who consistently goes out and fills his role as well as MT.