2011 Cubs Thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
During all Tuesday home games, starting May 10 vs. the St. Louis Cardinals, fans 21 years of age and older can purchase Bud Light or Budweiser products at specific concession stands in the Bud Light Bleachers for $3.

Looks like I have a legitimate reason to go to that toilet bowl now.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
Too bad Bud products suck.

100% agreed, but atleast you don't feel as bad drinking a bad beer for $7 or whatever the price is up to now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:26 AM)
$3? I'm straight with that. I was at the Sox game the other day and I bought 3 beers for like $21.

Im trying hard to convince my friends that we should do the patio and ticket deal for $44 each for our group of over 20 people, unlimited drinks and food for 2 hours makes it easy to max out that deal.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:33 AM)
Does that include tickets? That would be a steal then.

Yea, Upper Reserved, so the cheapest ticket but still. For group prices it's $13 for the ticket ($4 off), or they have a combo and sale price on the Patio and Tickets so it's $10 off the Patio ticket, and $5 an Upper level ticket (or $10 off a Lower level ticket).

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:30 AM)
Im trying hard to convince my friends that we should do the patio and ticket deal for $44 each for our group of over 20 people, unlimited drinks and food for 2 hours makes it easy to max out that deal.

Sounds good. You plan on going to any games in August? I shelled out quite a bit of coin for that month. I'll be there on August 2nd vs the Yankees (my birthday), August 14th vs the Royals and August 31st vs the Twins. KW can't blame me when he eventually starts b****ing about attendance.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 10, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)
During all Tuesday home games, starting May 10 vs. the St. Louis Cardinals, fans 21 years of age and older can purchase Bud Light or Budweiser products at specific concession stands in the Bud Light Bleachers for $3.

That will end well I am sure, and a night game on top of it....LOL. A record number of lawns will be pissed on/turds in alleys in the Lakeview neighborhood tonight.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)
Sounds good. You plan on going to any games in August? I shelled out quite a bit of coin for that month. I'll be there on August 2nd vs the Yankees (my birthday), August 14th vs the Royals and August 31st vs the Twins. KW can't blame me when he eventually starts b****ing about attendance.

The 14th may work for me, after the internship but before school starting again. What type of seats did you spring for?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)

Too bad its not valid on Saturdays too. I'll be there for the extremely rare Saturday night game this weekend, bleachers should be interesting.

I am pissed that instead of seeing Lincecum, Cain, or Bumgarner, I get Ryan f***ing Vogelsong pitching for the Giants.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:33 AM)
a $3 Bud is better than a $7 Miller, especially if you plan on drinking several of them

I'm a tad annoyed it's only for the bleachers. I got excited since I'm going tonight to see the Cards, but I'm not sitting bleachers.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
I'm a tad annoyed it's only for the bleachers. I got excited since I'm going tonight to see the Cards, but I'm not sitting bleachers.

I didnt notice that part. I hate those bleachers, its bad enough you have to sit by Cubs fans, but fighting over a 5 inch space to sit is even worse.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:40 AM)
The 14th may work for me, after the internship but before school starting again. What type of seats did you spring for?

For the 14th I'm pretty sure it's section 118, row 7, seat 5 or 6. The tickets are being mailed to me. I gotta check my email or whatever. But if you can go we can meet up before the game or some s***.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
I didnt notice that part. I hate those bleachers, its bad enough you have to sit by Cubs fans, but fighting over a 5 inch space to sit is even worse.

I do find it funny that they decide to offer Budweiser products on special when the St. Louis Cardinals are in town. Talk about not knowing your enemy. Cardinals fans are trained to guzzle Bud products, and thusly will have a huge upper-hand in the bleacher brawls this evening.

It's going to be a bloodbath.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 10, 2011 -> 12:49 PM)
Coors beats all and thats pretty much all i drink at Sox games.

Do they still serve Old Style at Cubs games? That would be my preference, though I haven't had Old Style Light.