2011 Cubs Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 11, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
Tallest midget contest. Miller, Bud and Coors products = sex in a canoe. Give me a real beer.

You have no idea how hard it was going from tasting beer from all over Europe to being back on campus drinking Keystones and Bud Light.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 12, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
Those injuries to Cashner & Wells really hurt the Cubs. This Coleman kid sucks, Russell was worse, and old crafty veteran Doug Davis will be starting on Saturday.

My heart goes out to them.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ May 13, 2011 -> 12:01 PM)
So I guess Cowherd announced before his break that Hendry has been fired, then after the break came back and said he was sorry for speaking on speculation and not facts. More where that came from?

Big names on Twitter saying that it is NOT true.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)
Is Lester hurt? His velocity seems way down. It's amazing to me the production the Cubs have gotten from Baker and Reed Johnson this year.

Velocities - last year, this year

Fastball - 93.3, 92.4

Cutter - 89.7, 88.9

Curveball - 77.6, 75.7

Changeup - 85.4, 84.6

It's down, but not by much, and it's down across the board. I think he's fine.

QUOTE (That funky motion @ May 21, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)
Bird just got hit by a pitch in the eye. They rushed him right off the field.

I hate to see any player get hurt like that, though I consider that karma for him.

They're now saying Byrd is out "indefinitely" with those facial fractures. He's still got some blurry vision, but he can at least see out of both eyes at this point (he wasn't able to see out of one eye for a few minutes after the hit).

Goes without saying, but just to emphasize, I hate to see stuff like that happen to any player. I hope he fully recovers.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 23, 2011 -> 07:24 AM)
They're now saying Byrd is out "indefinitely" with those facial fractures. He's still got some blurry vision, but he can at least see out of both eyes at this point (he wasn't able to see out of one eye for a few minutes after the hit).

Goes without saying, but just to emphasize, I hate to see stuff like that happen to any player. I hope he fully recovers.

Yeah, that is just scary. Best wishes to him.

• 2 weeks later...