2011 Cubs Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
I see the Brewers continue to have an idiot for a manager. Playing Kotsay in CF, and then not walking Aramis with a base open? I feel sorry for Milwaukee fans.

Yes, he is horrible. The Brewers are a team I like to watch when the Sox aren't on. Roenki or however you spell it is terrible.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
I see the Brewers continue to have an idiot for a manager. Playing Kotsay in CF, and then not walking Aramis with a base open? I feel sorry for Milwaukee fans.

Maybe next year we'll get to see Adam Dunn in CF for the Brewers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)

Or attempting a suicide squeeze with your pitcher, who also happens to be a decent hitter, who then proceeds to rope a double down the line immediately after you cost yourself a baserunner on 3rd when the squeeze didn't work

I was at the game last night, when the wind blows in, you might as well be playing in Petco. There were several bombs that should have been homers but got knocked down as normal flyouts.

I just like how Milwaukee has Kotsay batting in front of Braun/Fielder (while Morgan's been great for them), and then has a batter that's 4 for his last 45 batting behind those two studs. And yes, the squeeze play was terrible.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 03:28 AM)
Watching the Cubs right now. Other than the immortal Clayton Kershaw, is their pitcher in the NL 25 and under better than Gallardo? You can't hit this dude when he's not walking guys.

Don't worry, it took 4 batters for the Cubs to tie it. Really Milwaukee, Marco Estrada is your 8th inning man? Where's Hawkins and his .59 ERA? I'm not sure Roenicke isn't on the take this series.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
Watching the Cubs right now. Other than the immortal Clayton Kershaw, is their pitcher in the NL 25 and under better than Gallardo? You can't hit this dude when he's not walking guys.

Jurjjens, Tommy Hanson, Jhoulys Chacin, Bumgarner, Latos. Proabably not better but damn there is some sick young pitching

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 08:54 AM)
Jurjjens, Tommy Hanson, Jhoulys Chacin, Bumgarner, Latos. Proabably not better but damn there is some sick young pitching

Only guy close on that list is Hanson. But that's a lot of premium young talent right there. The Rockies actually have another guy by the name of Juan Nicasio who was killin' it last night against the Padres. 9 Ks in 6 IP. Consistently poppin' his FB at 94-95 MPH to go along with a nasty lookin' slider. The Rockies have owned Latin America of late.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)
Don't worry, it took 4 batters for the Cubs to tie it. Really Milwaukee, Marco Estrada is your 8th inning man? Where's Hawkins and his .59 ERA? I'm not sure Roenicke isn't on the take this series.

The thing is, if the Brewers win the division, I guarantee Roenicke is a leading candidate for NL Manager of the Year, no matter how many awful decisions he may make.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
Brewers up 8-4 now in the 8th. So good to see that it appears Rickie Weeks has overcome his injury woes. Really fun player to watch. Might be the best 2B in the NL with Utley more injury prone and older now.

His brother has been really fun to watch too...s***, can that man run...

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)
I'm shocked at how bad Greinke's pitched in the NL so far. I really thought he'd dominate people.

He has a .360 BABIP, which is probably due to the fact he's allowed 27% line drives.

In a way, that should mean he's serving up a lot of bad pitches, but his K/BB ratio and his FIP say way otherwise.

His FIP this year is only .2 higher than the year he won Cy Young. That ERA of his will come down eventually.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 02:38 PM)
He has a .360 BABIP, which is probably due to the fact he's allowed 27% line drives.

In a way, that should mean he's serving up a lot of bad pitches, but his K/BB ratio and his FIP say way otherwise.

His FIP this year is only .2 higher than the year he won Cy Young. That ERA of his will come down eventually.

Didn't people say the exact same thing about him last season?