2011 Cubs Thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 10, 2011 -> 01:55 PM)
Its all FAIL because you still have to go to a Cubs game to get this deal.

I would go with friends, or for free like my employer is doing for all the interns later in the summer.

Ive been to more Cubs games than Sox games, but that's because Ill have friends with season tickets wondering if I wanted to go since they had extra seats. It's still baseball and there is still another team to root for.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 10, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
Do they still serve Old Style at Cubs games? That would be my preference, though I haven't had Old Style Light.

Yup. Some vendors walk around with Bud/Bud Light, some walk around with Old Style/Old Style Light.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 10, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
Yup. Some vendors walk around with Bud/Bud Light, some walk around with Old Style/Old Style Light.

Very nice, pretty much the same as when I was a kid then.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:49 AM)
For the 14th I'm pretty sure it's section 118, row 7, seat 5 or 6. The tickets are being mailed to me. I gotta check my email or whatever. But if you can go we can meet up before the game or some s***.

Right now that works for me, Ill hit you up with a PM as the date gets closer to confirm and make plans on where to meet (Bacardi at the Park or something like that would be cool with me).

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2011 -> 09:10 PM)
I can't believe how dumb the Cardinals coaches are. They left Carpenter in about 4 batters too long tonight. He had nothing, as evidence by the 45 hits he allowed tonight.

Cubs still only managed 4 runs on the 13 hits. Fire Rudy Jaramillo!

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2011 -> 10:36 PM)
Cubs fans probably busy drooling over this weak headline:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,5165593.story

Drooling over nothing, the Cubs need more money if they want Pujols, or they plan to have him be the team and not surround him with much but live of his name for attendance.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:28 AM)
Drooling over nothing, the Cubs need more money if they want Pujols, or they plan to have him be the team and not surround him with much but live of his name for attendance.

I think they could pull it off with a moderate ticket price increase, but it's the length of the contract I'm not sure they'd go for.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 11, 2011 -> 08:28 AM)

Everytime they draw 30k, that is another $500,000 to a $1,000,000 they won't have to spend next year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2011 -> 08:42 AM)
I think they could pull it off with a moderate ticket price increase, but it's the length of the contract I'm not sure they'd go for.

Who is gonna buy those tickets? Attendance is already suffering as it is. Sure they have $60 million in contracts coming off the books, but that doesn't mean the Ricketts are gonna spend it all on payroll. They might need to hold on to that money to pay off the debt they owe.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)
Everytime they draw 30k, that is another $500,000 to a $1,000,000 they won't have to spend next year.

But those 10k tickets that aren't sold are potentially increased revenue if the right player is brought in.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)
But those 10k tickets that aren't sold are potentially increased revenue if the right player is brought in.

So instead of it being actual revenue, you hope it becomes revenue again... Not exactly a good place for a guy who is coming in under revenue projections and has a massive debt load payment right now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:14 AM)
So instead of it being actual revenue, you hope it becomes revenue again... Not exactly a good place for a guy who is coming in under revenue projections and has a massive debt load payment right now.

Depends on their actual finances. With expiring contracts this year, and that teams marketing machine, they could still be making money this year. Forbes thinks they made $25.5 million last year, before interest/debt payments.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:17 AM)
Depends on their actual finances. With expiring contracts this year, and that teams marketing machine, they could still be making money this year. Forbes thinks they made $25.5 million last year, before interest/debt payments.

Which is still going to be under what the projected when Rickets bought the team. That is going to weigh heavily when they decide whether to offer $300 million or so to Poo-Holes.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:17 AM)

The debt payments are roughly $32M annually

The stadium upkeep is another drain

The marketing machine is not what it used to be no Sammy and no pennant chase

Starlin is cooling off as well

The rose colored glasses are getting foggy up there.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 11, 2011 -> 08:57 AM)
How many Cubs fans did you beat up?

Tamest crowd ever. We were surrounded by Cardinals fans so it worked out.

Odd story, my dad randomly had 3 extras. Wrigley is really s***ty about scalping I guess. We got a warning. :ph34r:

Seriously, they have "legal" ticket scalpers right across the street, but give us s*** for trying to hook a couple cards fans up with $35 seats for $5. Then they wouldn't allow us to even give the f***ing tickets to these poor bastards afterwards, and said we'd be arrested if we did.

I'm glad the Cards won.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 11, 2011 -> 03:45 PM)
Tamest crowd ever. We were surrounded by Cardinals fans so it worked out.

Odd story, my dad randomly had 3 extras. Wrigley is really s***ty about scalping I guess. We got a warning. :ph34r:

Seriously, they have "legal" ticket scalpers right across the street, but give us s*** for trying to hook a couple cards fans up with $35 seats for $5. Then they wouldn't allow us to even give the f***ing tickets to these poor bastards afterwards, and said we'd be arrested if we did.

I'm glad the Cards won.

Wouldn't they want those people in the seats?? There going to be empty anyways, and this way they get beerf/drink/food money.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 11, 2011 -> 04:54 PM)
Wouldn't they want those people in the seats?? There going to be empty anyways, and this way they get beerf/drink/food money.

They want you going to their scalper.