2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
The Royals have 7 consecutive 1st round picks on their 25-man roster. That's pretty crazy.

You guys are fun to watch even on highlights. I always like watching young teams take their lumps sort of speak. Great future the Royals have if they can get some pitching...

I'm not sure "fun" is the word I would use for my team this season (or any other), but after many, many years of being told things were going to be different, they finally are. I don't get so down on them for losing. I actually have some hope we'll contend soon.

It sucked losing John Lamb (#18 overall prospect according to BA) to TJ surgery, but I still believe we've got enough pitching in-house. Mike Montgomery and Danny Duffy are still developing. There's still some hope for O'Sullivan and Hochevar. I believe Aaron Crow will end up in the rotation. Odorizzi looks very, very promising.

We've also got some interesting trade pieces, not sure what they'll bring, but we'll see...

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)
I'm not sure "fun" is the word I would use for my team this season (or any other), but after many, many years of being told things were going to be different, they finally are. I don't get so down on them for losing. I actually have some hope we'll contend soon.

It sucked losing John Lamb (#18 overall prospect according to BA) to TJ surgery, but I still believe we've got enough pitching in-house. Mike Montgomery and Danny Duffy are still developing. There's still some hope for O'Sullivan and Hochevar. I believe Aaron Crow will end up in the rotation. Odorizzi looks very, very promising.

We've also got some interesting trade pieces, not sure what they'll bring, but we'll see...

So who gets traded at 1b? Kila or Butler?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 12:33 PM)
So who gets traded at 1b? Kila or Butler?

Kila has very little value.

They'll probably try to hold onto Butler as their DH.

Not sure how much Wilson Betemit will fetch in trade, not much is the guess.

Indians look like they will be on a 4-13/1-8 stretch if they lose again today to the Yankees.

Only have to lose five more in a row to equal our 4-18 stretch...with the only (and key) difference being they'd still be 1 game over .500 as opposed to 11 games under.

5 shutouts suffered during that stretch.

Of course, facing Boston, Texas, TB and the Yankees doesn't help the cause. We've already survived that same march, fortunately.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
Neither. Kila will finish out the season in Omaha (barring injury to Hosmer/Butler) and probably not be brought back next season. He's got no future with the organization.

Somewhere, NSS just started drooling and he doesn't know why.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 09:22 AM)

Good luck with that

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
Kila has very little value.

They'll probably try to hold onto Butler as their DH.

Not sure how much Wilson Betemit will fetch in trade, not much is the guess.

Indians look like they will be on a 4-13/1-8 stretch if they lose again today to the Yankees.

Only have to lose five more in a row to equal our 4-18 stretch...with the only (and key) difference being they'd still be 1 game over .500 as opposed to 11 games under.

5 shutouts suffered during that stretch.

Of course, facing Boston, Texas, TB and the Yankees doesn't help the cause. We've already survived that same march, fortunately.

Remember when I said an 8-18 month was coming for them? Oh yeah...