2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 07:47 AM)
ESPNStatsInfo ESPN Stats & Info

Elias Says: Justin Verlander is the 4th pitcher in the last 50 years with 2 streaks of 7+ winning starts in one season

He is also only the third pitcher in the divisional era to post a WHIP under 0.90 if he keeps this up. (Pedro Martinez in 2000 and Greg Maddux in 1994 and 1995 who both won the Cy Young awards with those seasons) He pretty much has the Cy Young gift wrapped.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if the Indian can pull off the comeback from 10-2 down?

Now 11-5 in the 6th.

Revere's basically going to be fighting with Span for that spot benchwarmerjim, don't see any way they can possibly fit into the same outfield. With so many questions surrounding Morneau, Mauer's power outage, Cuddyer and/or Kubel possibly on the way out...where are they going to get even 20 homers from?

They might even have to bring back Jim Thome next year...? Unless they would be willing to take Dunn, in which case he'd probably club 38 homers for another division winner.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
It felt lonely at times, but I kept the faith on the Indians.

You'll disagree, but their future is infinitely better than ours. Santana, Chisenhall (did I spell that correctly?), Cabrera, Kipnis, Choo, Ubaldo, Masterson > any top 7 core you can come up with from our end.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
You'll disagree, but their future is infinitely better than ours. Santana, Chisenhall (did I spell that correctly?), Cabrera, Kipnis, Choo, Ubaldo, Masterson > any top 7 core you can come up with from our end.

But a couple of those guys are only under team control for 2012-2013.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)

Realistically, how many of those guys do you really think will come through to their potential? Heck Santana has had a Gordon Beckham type season already.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 03:17 PM)
Realistically, how many of those guys do you really think will come through to their potential? Heck Santana has had a Gordon Beckham type season already.

WTF? He's a catcher with a near .800 OPS that's largely based on power. He's going to finish with around 25 bombs and a .350 OBP. Sign me up.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
Don't make me sick Kalapse or qwerty on you. Santana >> Beckham. Not even close.

A power hitting catcher is definitely better than a struggling 2B in value alone. However we have a decent young core comparable to what you listed of theirs, pitching and offense alike.

Sale

Danks

Floyd

Morel

Alexei

Beckham

Viciedo

Flowers

Stewart

Humber

Not that bad of a core.