2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eek.

The companion of a woman who was struck in the face by a shattered bat says she had to wait about 45 minutes before Kansas City Royals officials got her into an ambulance.

Mike Sterrett shares a home with 64-year-old Sue Cooney in suburban Leawood, Kan. He says Cooney will need extensive surgery to repair a cheek bone and eye socket.

Royals executive Bob Rice says there was no undue delay, although he would not say how long it took to get her in the ambulance.

The woman was struck by the shattered bat of outfielder Torii Hunter during the Angels-Royals season opener Thursday. He says she sat dazed, bleeding and in extreme pain three rows behind the Angels' dugout.

USA Today salary numbers are out.

The American League Central, which has had just two teams in the World Series since 1997, is home to the most $100 million payrolls in baseball.

The Chicago White Sox ($128 million), Minnesota Twins ($113 million) and Detroit Tigers ($106 million) comprise three of the top 10 payrolls in Major League Baseball, based on documents obtained by USA TODAY from the MLB Players Association, clubs and MLB's central office.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)
It's fun when you get to root for Mariano Rivera.

I can root for him regardless. At least during the regular season. He's by far the best to ever play the game at what he does. I can respect that, no matter what uniform he wears (long as it's not a Cubs uniform).

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)
It's fun when you get to root for Mariano Rivera.

What's crazy is that his numbers the last three years (age 38-40) are seemingly better than his overall career numbers. As he gets older, he's just getting better, amazing.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
He is really exciting to watch. It's hard not to enjoy seeing that guy do his job, even if he is on the Yanks.

When I went to NY I really wanted to see MO in action in person, but I knew if he was in, it was a sox L.

I actually got to witness one of his blown save and losses to the Sox, one of very little at the Cell a few years back

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 10:33 PM)
I can root for him regardless. At least during the regular season. He's by far the best to ever play the game at what he does. I can respect that, no matter what uniform he wears (long as it's not a Cubs uniform).

Agreed. Even though he is less important as an overall player than Jeter, he should be put up onto the same pedestal as "the Captain" as far as Yankee greats go from this era.