Miggy Cabrera DUI

LittleHurt05

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 09:54 AM)
He looks alarmingly happy in his mugshot too

Was this his first time getting drinking since 2009 and he just got belligerently drunk?

I was thinking the same thing, it didn't look like a mugshot, it looked a pic from a family party.

For his sake, I hope it was a one time lapse, but I wouldn't bet my money on it. He's gonna need some AA or rehab.

Pretty crazy story.

And no, this doesn't belong in some catch all. In fact, I'm closing that catch all for the very reason. This is pretty big news. IF this was the NFL, a long suspension would be near. I wonder if Selig makes a tough decision and gives him a hard suspension given that he resisted arrest, was beyond obliterated, and it is a multiple offense.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 11:32 AM)
Pretty crazy story.

And no, this doesn't belong in some catch all. In fact, I'm closing that catch all for the very reason. This is pretty big news. IF this was the NFL, a long suspension would be near. I wonder if Selig makes a tough decision and gives him a hard suspension given that he resisted arrest, was beyond obliterated, and it is a multiple offense.

LOL

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 10:21 AM)
I was thinking the same thing, it didn't look like a mugshot, it looked a pic from a family party.

I've read that this is a strategy that is being coached up for celebrities and sports figures so the mug shot that goes around doesn't look absolutely awful. Interesting.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 10:32 AM)
Pretty crazy story.

He's out half the season in the NFL probably since it's a second alcohol-related offense. With appeal, the suspension is probably down to six games. So that's 3/8 of the season or 61 games in the MLB. This is ginormous news as it affects the Central race, if he is out any significant period of time, it drastically kills the Tigers. At the very least, the Tigers need to take their own action and suspend this bozo. Behavior of this nature cannot be tolerated at all.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
I've read that this is a strategy that is being coached up for celebrities and sports figures so the mug shot that goes around doesn't look absolutely awful. Interesting.

If you're as toasted as Miguel likely was, you think he is thinking, "oh yeah, my mug-shot coach told me to smile in my picture?"

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 08:36 AM)
LOL

I say tough decision because baseball doesn't have a long history of off the field problems and quite frankly they haven't had to keep as tight of a reign on there players and this would historically be relatively unprecedented to give that sort of suspension out.

That said, if I were the comissioner, I'd give him no less than 30 games off and would contemplate a half season or 90 day suspension.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
I say tough decision because baseball doesn't have a long history of off the field problems and quite frankly they haven't had to keep as tight of a reign on there players and this would historically be relatively unprecedented to give that sort of suspension out.

That said, if I were the comissioner, I'd give him no less than 30 games off and would contemplate a half season or 90 day suspension.

I was LOLing at the idea of Selig having a tough choice to make and choosing the right one, a lengthy suspension.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 11:30 AM)
are you guys calling for a long suspension based on the fact this is the 2nd alcohol related problem he's had? I don't see any lengthy suspension, MLB has way too strong of a union and there's been no precedent to support something like that.

These aren't just problems like he got drunk and had funny pictures posted. He beat up his wife and got a DUI. Those are serious issues that warrant action from baseball, at the very least the Tigers. The Tigers can easily suspend him, but will they is the question? And the the league should as well. You can't have players doing this s*** without consequence.