Giordano's is filing for bankruptcy

knightni

Well declaring bankruptcy ≠ the death of a business if there's still a market for what you're selling, and there obviously is for Giordano's. They must've been under some debt weight they couldn't support anymore. Hopefully they come out of this.

Yeah I assume this is just for debt purposes only. Corps are different when it comes to bankruptcy because there is generally a pretty big incentive for the creditors to work with the company (if they dont the company goes under and the creditors may get nada, as opposed to keeping the business open and restructuring the debt so that they can get paid.)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)
Meh, wouldnt miss it if it was gone really.

I would. Giordano's is my favorite deep-dish now. Lou Malnati's did something to their recipe and I don't like it much at all anymore.

Most local places make the sauce too sweet in the deep-dish. Sweeter sauce is fine for thin-crust but it's nasty in a deep-dish.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 09:43 AM)
I would. Giordano's is my favorite deep-dish now. Lou Malnati's did something to their recipe and I don't like it much at all anymore.

Most local places make the sauce too sweet in the deep-dish. Sweeter sauce is fine for thin-crust but it's nasty in a deep-dish.

Giordanos did something to their sauce a few years ago adding cinnamon or something of the like and now its not as good IMO. It doesnt make my top 5 pizza places.

Lou's doesnt really use sauce, they use chunky tomatoes and they've been the same supplier since the 70's.

My top 5 pizzas in no particular order:

1. Salernos

2. Mrs T's

3. Lou's

4. Art of Pizza

5. Coalfire (for super thin crust)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)
Giordanos did something to their sauce a few years ago adding cinnamon or something of the like and now its not as good IMO. It doesnt make my top 5 pizza places.

Lou's doesnt really use sauce, they use chunky tomatoes and they've been the same supplier since the 70's.

1. Salernos

2. Mrs T's

3. Lou's

4. Art of Pizza

Salernos is amazing.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)

1. Salernos

2. Mrs T's

3. Lou's

4. Art of Pizza

Ugh. thin crust is disgusting.

As long as there is a Lou's open, I will survive. I also love a Chicago thin crust once in a while. The best pie within 30 minutes of me is a New York style, not a bad substitute. BJ Brewhouse also makes a decent deep dish, but again, it's just a substitute because Lou's the permanent one.