2011 College Baseball Thread

zenryan

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennessee fired our coach - probably should have happened last year. As a state, Tennessee produces really good high school talent and has some really good JUCO's, so hopefully we'll find ourselves a coach who can take advantage of that.

Mizzou was one strike away from winning the Big 12 tournament, but gave up a 2-out single to tie it and lost on a 2-out walkoff HR in the 10th. They were the No. 8 seed and had a losing record so it's surprising they got that close to the tourney, but man that's harsh. I always look forward to the regionals, but it would have been sweet to have my school return to the tourney for some rooting interest.

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 30, 2011 -> 11:38 AM)
Virginia,UNC,FSU,South Carolina and Texas look to have an easy path to the Super Regionals.

That Virginia team is unbelieveable. The fact that UNC swept them recently makes me think awfully highly of them too. National seeds rarely win this tournament though.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 30, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
That Virginia team is unbelieveable. The fact that UNC swept them recently makes me think awfully highly of them too. National seeds rarely win this tournament though.

I'm trying to figure out how UNC swept UVA. UNC must have had a hot weekend or something.

Vandy also has an easy regional too.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ May 30, 2011 -> 09:45 AM)
f*** CS Fullerton!!

LOL. You might be in luck. Fullerton has struggled through injuries all year. Team is freaking loaded but has had a lot of trouble ever playing with there actual squad.

I'm not confident about our chances to get to omaha. We only have one pitcher and UCF has beaten us once this year. BCU's top pitcher has some impressive stats too. A&M might have been a national seed if their best player wasn't hurt.

Normally, I'd say the potential chance to knock Clemson out of the post-season yet again looks great, but...I don't have that level of confidence in this years team, with all of the injuries. And it would pain me to see those assclowns come down to our field, and beat us to get to Omaha.

Wow, Illinois ties up Cal St. Fullerton in the bottom of the 7th. The problem is even if they do pull off the upset in this one (and I still fully expect Fullerton to pull this out) I have no clue who will start for Illinois against Stanford because they really only have 3 legitimate starting pitchers.