hi8is Goes to Chicago

hi8is

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
The approaches are also very different at MDW. They descend very quickly as opposed to most other airports, and they can also involve hard banking maneuvers during those landings.

Offhand so does John Wayne, Aspen, SFO, Reagan

QUOTE (hi8is @ Feb 22, 2011 -> 01:15 PM)
April 6th - April 14th

:notworthy

How many tickets do you need for games and do you have preferences which games to attend? I might be able to help you out with my season tickets. The April games after the first series are not always as coveted so maybe I could get you handful from my partners at face. PM me if you are interested. Thanks.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Feb 22, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
How many tickets do you need for games and do you have preferences which games to attend? I might be able to help you out with my season tickets. The April games after the first series are not always as coveted so maybe I could get you handful from my partners at face. PM me if you are interested. Thanks.

Thank you sir - PM sent.

O'Hare is a zoo. Go with Midway whenever possible.

Kuma's Corner is where you can get the greatest burgers in the entire world.

My favorite pizza place is Art of Pizza, but the famous ones are great too (Uno, Gino's East, Lou Malnatti's, etc.)

As mentioned before, find a place on the Red Line. Takes you almost everywhere important, including the Cell.

I get all my tickets on StubHub =\

Anyone here work for the Marriot or know someone who works for them?

I've zeroed in on their Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North location and see that their normal rate of $169 per night goes down to $120 if I can use a "friends and family coupon"

I also found a coupon code for a company near that hotel called Accenture.

It takes the fare down to $129 per night.

I even emailed that company and asked for a meeting so that I could tell the hotel attendant with honesty that "I'm with Accenture."

haha

Man - I rule

*/ End of Egoic Self Centered Rant /*

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 22, 2011 -> 12:46 PM)
Actual fatal airline incidents are so incredibly rare, that I can't imagine why people would pick one airport in the US over another for that reason. I mean, its like comparing a 0.0005% chance to a 0.0004% chance. Besides, I can think of at least a couple airline crashes at O'Hare that killed passengers, but I can't think of any at Midway off-hand (the SW flight that skidded off the runway killed two people in a car, but no one on board).

My father's friend has been an air traffic controller for 30 years...he always says, fly out of o'hare...not midway...because its not safe. Take it for what its worth. Like you guys said, there are hardly any incidents anyway. Someone did mention the plane that killed two people in a car, after it went through the wall at central and 63rd. That was during wintery weather.

hi8is - PLANE TICKET BOOKED BABY!

hi8is Sr. - PLANE TICKET BOOKED!

I'm gonna send the old man a card on April 1st that says his booking number and tells him that he'll be in Chicago by April 6th.

Then say, April Fools?

Muhuhahahaha

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
Woohoooo!! :cheers

So are you flying into Midway or O'hare? Is Sr. coming along too.. don't quite get the April fools joke.. :huh

The tickets are to O'hare.

Sr. is coming along too and doesn't know it.

So, I'm gonna send him a white sox post card that has a flight number on it and then sign it April Fools?

He'll wonder what the hell is going on. =D

QUOTE (hi8is @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
The tickets are to O'hare.

Sr. is coming along too and doesn't know it.

So, I'm gonna send him a white sox post card that has a flight number on it and then sign it April Fools?

He'll wonder what the hell is going on. =D

I hope your dad is retired or something so that you can spring a two week vacation on him with no prior engagements.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 01:10 PM)
Millennium Park

Hancock Observatory

Navy Pier

Art Museum

For some people that's a good time, not sure if Hi8 likes those things or not.

I'd add walking down the river, finding a street fest that weekend and partaking, and if you want boozing suggestions, i got em. I think everyone needs to experience some chicago blues while they are here.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
Wait i just saw you are coming in April, prob not a lot of street festa then.

Anyone who comes to Chicago in th summer needs to go to at least one street fest. It's really where you see the differences in the neighborhoods.

That sounds like a great time there!

Good recommendation on the blues - any cool spots you know in that regard?

No boozin for me - not for a long long time now. =)

Thanks Rock.

I recommend visiting GreekTown and trying a restaurant or two.

If you go to a local grocery store like Dominick's, you can buy a CTA day pass and get unlimited usage out of it for 24 hours. It's a great alternative to continual re-filling cards if you plan to see a lot of things over one day. The nice thing about Chicago, is that with buses and trains that you don't really need a car to get places.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 12:46 AM)
I recommend visiting GreekTown and trying a restaurant or two.

If you go to a local grocery store like Dominick's, you can buy a CTA day pass and get unlimited usage out of it for 24 hours. It's a great alternative to continual re-filling cards if you plan to see a lot of things over one day. The nice thing about Chicago, is that with buses and trains that you don't really need a car to get places.

Do you know if they have a week pass??

Thx Knight.