Adam Wainwright significant elbow injury

justBLAZE

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 08:48 AM)
Word on the street is Adam Wainwright is injured and they are saying Tommy John... per Buster Olney.

Wow. What a week for Cardinals fans. Time to change my NL Cy Young award pick. The Cardinals always seem to figure something out, but that's gonna make it much harder to compete.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
Wow. What a week for Cardinals fans. Time to change my NL Cy Young award pick. The Cardinals always seem to figure something out, but that's gonna make it much harder to compete.

Hello, Los Angeles? Trout and Morales for the best player in baseball.

Hello, New York? Nova and one of your catchers gets you Chris Carpenter.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 10:36 AM)
Genius.[/color] The Cardinals would never trade Albert Pujols.

If they know for sure they are not going to resign Pujols, they should trade everybody they can except him. Holliday, Carpenter, Molina, get a head start on the rebuild.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
If they know for sure they are not going to resign Pujols, they should trade everybody they can except him. Holliday, Carpenter, Molina, get a head start on the rebuild.

After this injury, dumping everyone and calling it quits on this season is the right move. Pujols and Carpenter are FA's this offseason, I think Franklin is as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 01:04 PM)
Does Poo-Holes have a no trade clause?

Yes.

The understanding within the St. Louis front office is that Pujols will not accept any trade going forward, according to sources. He has the right to veto any trade proposal, and would do so.

This means there are only two possible results in the negotiations in the Pujols talks: Either he signs a contract extension with the Cardinals, or he will become a free agent this coming fall.

He would have to waive the NTC. Which might mean that the team trading for him would have to agree to extend him, or that he'd have to now believe that the Cardinals weren't competing this year.

My Cardinals friends' worst nightmares have come true. One of them kept telling me about how he was worried that Waino's arm was going to pop off at any moment due to his bad mechanics. Well, that moment has occurred. The Cards are screwed.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
Wait until he picks up a bat. That feeling will depart.

He's not producing any offense for my team, so I won't give a s***. If he won't accept a trade that will get him off of a non-contending team so that he can contend this year and help out his current team with prospects, he'll just come off as even more selfish to me. After he convinced the Cardinals to spend a ridiculous amount of money on Holliday in order to persuade him to remain in St. Louis and then asked for the largest contract in the history of baseball, I've already soured on him quite a bit.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
He's not producing any offense for my team, so I won't give a s***. If he won't accept a trade that will get him off of a non-contending team so that he can contend this year and help out his current team with prospects, he'll just come off as even more selfish to me. After he convinced the Cardinals to spend a ridiculous amount of money on Holliday in order to persuade him to remain in St. Louis and then asked for the largest contract in the history of baseball, I've already soured on him quite a bit.

I can't blame him for that though. The Cardinals are the ones to blame for giving Holliday that huge contract - it seemed as though they were bidding against themselves at the end. And he's the best hitter we've seen in a really long time, so I can't blame him for wanting one of the biggest contracts ever.

Perhaps they'll find some middle ground and they can work out some type of 8 year deal with vesting and/or mutual options. I genuinely hope that they do.

Stay classy, Jonny Gomes.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs/conte...?cxtype=feedbot

GOODYEAR, Ariz. — Jonny Gomes walked into the Cincinnati Reds spring training clubhouse early Wednesday morning singing at the top of his warbly voice.

The melody was not recognizable, but the words were plaintive: “Wainwright’s gone, Wainwright’s gone, Wainwright’s gone,” he sang joyously.