Anyone else notice?

NUKE_CLEVELAND

......THAT WHEN JOSE VALENTIN BOOTED THAT GROUNDER THAT THE MARINERS THEN BLEW THE DOOR OFF THE HINGES AND HAD A BIG INNING?  HAS THAT HAPPENED A LOT THIS SEASON?

SURPRISINGLY NOT. VALENTIN HAS BEEN PLAYING PRETTY DECENT DEFENSE THIS YEAR. THE MARINERS TOOK ADVANTAGE OF AN OPPORTUNITY. THEY ARE A REALLY GOOD TEAM, AND THEY SHOWED WHY.

THE SOX NEED TO TAKE 2 OF 3 FOR SURE AGAINST THE MIGHTY ROYALS. A SWEEP WOULD BE NICE, BUT NOT MANDATORY. EVEN LOSING THIS SERIES, WHILE TERRIBLE, WOULD NOT BE THE END OF THE WORLD. THERE ARE A LOT OF GAMES LEFT, AND THERE'S NO NEED TO PANIC ( ROMAN ).

BY THE WAY, I DON'T LIKE POSTING IN ALL CAPS, AND I DON'T THINK I'LL DO THIS AGAIN.

SURPRISINGLY NOT. VALENTIN HAS BEEN PLAYING PRETTY DECENT DEFENSE THIS YEAR. THE MARINERS TOOK ADVANTAGE OF AN OPPORTUNITY. THEY ARE A REALLY GOOD TEAM, AND THEY SHOWED WHY.

THE SOX NEED TO TAKE 2 OF 3 FOR SURE AGAINST THE MIGHTY ROYALS. A SWEEP WOULD BE NICE, BUT NOT MANDATORY. EVEN LOSING THIS SERIES, WHILE TERRIBLE, WOULD NOT BE THE END OF THE WORLD. THERE ARE A LOT OF GAMES LEFT, AND THERE'S NO NEED TO PANIC ( ROMAN ).

BY THE WAY, I DON'T LIKE POSTING IN ALL CAPS, AND I DON'T THINK I'LL DO THIS AGAIN.

Stop yelling :)

Ya Valentin has played a lot better d this year and that'll happen to a player in the field once in a while. He's certainly not killing us at short and hasn't cost us games like that "all year long"

......THAT WHEN JOSE VALENTIN BOOTED THAT GROUNDER THAT THE MARINERS THEN BLEW THE DOOR OFF THE HINGES AND HAD A BIG INNING?  HAS THAT HAPPENED A LOT THIS SEASON?

Up until lately his errors have been quiet, but his last couple have led to huge innings. I know one a couple of weeks ago led to a 4 run inning, then this one.

I'd say Jose is the clutchest guy on the Sox. Prior to this, he hasnt made a costly defensive mistake for over a month (as far as I remember). I definately want his clutchness and leadership back on this team for next year (seeing that we dont have any ss prospects at all).

IMO, he is doing fine this season. He is having a good defensevely year, on the offensive he had a few good games, like that one agst KC. If he cames in this KC series and hits 3 HRs in all series, all of them decisive HRs...he can continue on this team with his glove. We dont have another option for SS, right now.

Jose Valentin is the most overrated player on the Sox. He's hitting .233. Granted he had a big game with 3 hrs in KC, but other than that, he has been pretty brutal. His defense, while improved, still is below average. This guy made a reputation on his being a leader and fans give him way more slack than any other player. The Sox don't have any options at SS other than him, although I hope upper management makes it a top priority in the offseason.

Jose Valentin is one of the most guilty members of the "Playing down to the level of your competition" club. He and often Carlos Lee only seem to get up for big games. Jose always seems to get his big hits against division rivals: Royals and Twins or the Cubs series. I can't remember Jose having many big games against teams like Detroit, Cleveland, or Tampa Bay. He just seems to disappear during those series.

nuke posts in caps all the time, it's just what he does.

Jose Valentin is the most overrated player on the Sox. He's hitting .233. Granted he had a big game with 3 hrs in KC, but other than that, he has been pretty brutal. His defense, while improved, still is below average. This guy made a reputation on his being a leader and fans give him way more slack than any other player. The Sox don't have any options at SS other than him, although I hope upper management makes it a top priority in the offseason.

Yall need to stop pickin on Jose...1st of all I blame Mark Buehrle for yesterdays collapse. He dominates for 4 innings then we finally get him a run in the 5th and he comes right out and starts walkin people. Leadoff walks kill. Then after getting an out he walked another guy. That type of s*** leads to big ass innings. The difference between a good pitcher and a GREAT pitcher is to be able to shut teams down in those situations. Jose has been as good as anybody could ask at ss this year. The batting average is a lil down but he has at times single handedly carried us for stretches at a time. And if the he "he only gets up for good teams is really true". Then we should expect a strong Month of August from Jose as we pretty much play good teams...

Yall need to stop pickin on Jose...1st of all I blame Mark Buehrle for yesterdays collapse.  He dominates for 4 innings then we finally get him a run in the 5th and he comes right out and starts walkin people.  Leadoff walks kill.  Then after getting an out he walked another guy.  That type of s*** leads to big ass innings.  The difference between a good pitcher and a GREAT pitcher is to be able to shut teams down in those situations.  Jose has been as good as anybody could ask at ss this year.  The batting average is a lil down but he has at times single handedly carried us for stretches at a time.  And if the he "he only gets up for good teams is really true". Then we should expect a strong Month of August from Jose as we pretty much play good teams...

That lineup yesterday was garbage. Hell, why didn't we call up guys from AAA so we could sit our entire starting lineup? That was ridiculous.

It's sunday, let's hope Buehrle throws a shutout or we concede.

That was a crap lineup for sure.

Harris needs to go the way of D'Angelo and White.

I don't care if he's fast. He sucks.

The guy doesn't belong on our roster at this time.

He needs 3 more years in the minors to prove he can hit the ball.