My White Sox Hat Collection

TheChrisSamsa

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
So, I was at the Cooperstown on the Road exhibit at the Henry Ford museum a few years ago. I saw the 1917 Red, White, and Blue flag jersey. I believe that it had a matching cap as well, but I don't recall how it looked.

Here's the pic:

http://image56.webshots.com/56/2/66/84/466...84IahYqN_fs.jpg

Ah. It's cap #5 on your top row.

I love the Red/White/Blue flag jerseys from the 1917 world series, as well as the turn back the clock version of that jersey that the White Sox wore in 2001. That cap is one of my favorites because of it's history.

I get a forbidden page when I try to access the image you linked though.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Mar 13, 2011 -> 05:07 PM)
I love the Red/White/Blue flag jerseys from the 1917 world series, as well as the turn back the clock version of that jersey that the White Sox wore in 2001. That cap is one of my favorites because of it's history.

I get a forbidden page when I try to access the image you linked though.

I'm finding photos with non-logo navy versions of the white "America" World Series cap, but I don't see any retro caps.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 13, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
I'm finding photos with non-logo navy versions of the white "America" World Series cap, but I don't see any retro caps.

Yeah! That cap is basically the opposite or road version of the "1906" cap.. All navy with white stripes.. It seems like it came and went pretty frequently in the early 1900s, but I can't find any replicas produced. I love the simple look of it. I'd snag one of those in a heartbeat, given the chance.

• 2 months later...

I picked up the Sox 2011 Stars and Stripes cap the other night at Grandstand. This one might be my favorite of the Stars and Stripes looks, but mostly because I love the old-school look of caps that have a different color for the crown panels. I don't know that they'll look great with the Sox uniforms, but none of them have really, so that's not a major concern.

Pics:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 20, 2011 -> 10:26 AM)
I agree, that is sharp.

We're lucky the Sox get the navy blue look, as the red caps look pretty rough on teams that don't have red as a main color (Giants, Rockies, Pirates). The Cubs version has the red brim and back and it looks bad when blue is their primary color.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 20, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)
They should have used a blue back and red brim like 1982-87.

That would have been awesome.. I suppose we can hope for next year. I'd bet that the Sox would move the most units if that were the design.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ May 20, 2011 -> 10:21 AM)
I picked up the Sox 2011 Stars and Stripes cap the other night at Grandstand. This one might be my favorite of the Stars and Stripes looks, but mostly because I love the old-school look of caps that have a different color for the crown panels. I don't know that they'll look great with the Sox uniforms, but none of them have really, so that's not a major concern.

Pics:

Ya, love that.

Does anyone else collect just authentic MLB hat? the New Era ones that they actually wear.. My goal is to get every teams hat (Except a Cubs and Twins one because I could never wear em)

Right now I have Sox, Astros, Cardinals, Mets, Rockies, Reds, Tigers, A's, Dodgers, Braves

If they weren't $30 a hat ide prolly have bought them all by now.. but im making progress

Edited by T R U

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (T R U @ May 23, 2011 -> 02:36 AM)
Does anyone else collect just authentic MLB hat? the New Era ones that they actually wear.. My goal is to get every teams hat (Except a Cubs and Twins one because I could never wear em)

Right now I have Sox, Astros, Cardinals, Mets, Rockies, Reds, Tigers, A's, Dodgers, Braves

If they weren't $30 a hat ide prolly have bought them all by now.. but im making progress

This is actually my other collection (shocking, I'm sure). The future wife set the stipulation that I have to wait to visit each team's stadium and buy the cap there. So far, I have Sox, Cubs, Brewers, Tigers, Pirates, and I'll be picking up the Rockies next week when we head out to Colorado. We're planning on getting down to St. Louis and Kansas City sometime this season as well.

The only exception she allowed was for my On-field umpires cap because they clearly don't have a home stadium.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
I snagged a Chicago American Giants a week or so ago at Grandstand. Good looking cap with great history.

whoa, thats awesome

And where did you get an umpires hat from? I wonder if I could get a legit one from lids online or something

yes!

I just went to lids.com and you can get all the hats for the minor league teams! Thats my new goal to get Charlotte, Birmingham, Kannapolis, and Winston-Salem.. that's so cool I didn't know they had those..

No umpire hat though

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 02:16 AM)
yes!

I just went to lids.com and you can get all the hats for the minor league teams! Thats my new goal to get Charlotte, Birmingham, Kannapolis, and Winston-Salem.. that's so cool I didn't know they had those..

No umpire hat though

I think Lids just sells Charlotte's, not Birmingham's or the others.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
I think there has been a growing effort to shut down places like this. For example, there was a website http://borntrade.net that would sell what I assume to be knockoff jerseys and hats for cheap. That domain has since been shut down on the authority of the Dept. of Homeland Security. Having said that, you can google 'born trade' and see that they have a new website up and running selling the same stuff.

The main fake jersey guy in the Chicago area was arrested around Christmas. I heard it was close to $500k sold.

I'm happy about this, because one of my better friends is a guy I used to work for who owned a sports store. I use the word OWNED because fake jerseys and their easy access to getting them was the death of his business.

Also, the fake jerseys look so bad. If you can buy a fake jersey for $50, why not buy the real one for $100+?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 06:12 PM)
The main fake jersey guy in the Chicago area was arrested around Christmas. I heard it was close to $500k sold.

I'm happy about this, because one of my better friends is a guy I used to work for who owned a sports store. I use the word OWNED because fake jerseys and their easy access to getting them was the death of his business.

Also, the fake jerseys look so bad. If you can buy a fake jersey for $50, why not buy the real one for $100+?

Honestly when I think about buying an authentic for $100+, I figure I might as well just go all the way authentic :P

eBay Game Worn Sox jerseys