2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
Clayton Kershaw is a stud. Feels like we're watching the makings of a HOF career.

It's like we hear this a couple of times a year now. This is nothing against Kershaw, as he just may do that, but it seems like two or three players get talked about each year as though they're the next big thing. They sign big deals and sort of lose their luster.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 08:16 PM)
Having seen a few of his ABs, Freddie Freeman reminds me a lot of Ryan Klesko at the plate. Just a mammoth upper body, good eye at the plate, great power, and uglier than sin.

Good thing that I drafted him on my fantasy team.

/waits

I don't think anyone had Hudson headed to the Hall of Fame, or even the top of anyone's rotation.

I think some people think it was a stupid trade for the long run, and it certainly can turn out ot be a bad trade if the Sox don't make the playoffs with Edwin Jackson in their rotation, while Hudson could be a productive starter for fairly cheap over the next five years.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
I don't think anyone had Hudson headed to the Hall of Fame, or even the top of anyone's rotation.

I think some people think it was a stupid trade for the long run, and it certainly can turn out ot be a bad trade if the Sox don't make the playoffs with Edwin Jackson in their rotation, while Hudson could be a productive starter for fairly cheap over the next five years.

He could be, but he didn't show that he was capable of that with the white sox and he certainly hasn't looked capable of being a productive starter so far this year.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)

I've always been a Jackson fan. I loved the trade.

Jose Bautista has reached base 10 straight times. Single in the 8th on Wednesday, 3 hits and 2 walks yesterday, and 3 hits and 1 walk today.

Of course, he's only stayed on base 7 of those times. The other 3 he got to trot around real slow.

He's like really, really f***ing good

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
Jose Bautista has reached base 10 straight times. Single in the 8th on Wednesday, 3 hits and 2 walks yesterday, and 3 hits and 1 walk today.

Of course, he's only stayed on base 7 of those times. The other 3 he got to trot around real slow.

He's like really, really f***ing good

I still have no idea how the Hell that happened.

But it really helps Torotno if he plays above that contract.

It appears that Daisuke Matsuzaka has figured some s*** out in the past week or so...has a 15 inning scoreless streak going.

Additionally, they really have to do something about the situation where a closer blows the save, then his team retakes the lead and he becomes the pitcher of record and picks up the win. He should be automatically disqualified from picking up the win if he blew the game in the first place.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
It appears that Daisuke Matsuzaka has figured some s*** out in the past week or so...has a 14 inning scoreless streak going.

Additionally, they really have to do something about the situation where a closer blows the save, then his team retakes the lead and he becomes the pitcher of record and picks up the win. He should be automatically disqualified from picking up the win if he blew the game in the first place.

I agree wholeheartedly with that second paragraph. In regards to the first, I'm pretty sure that's his thing. He'll have stretches of being great, and then he'll have a bunch of games where he only pitches 5 innings and gives up 5 runs.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 10:24 PM)
I agree wholeheartedly with that second paragraph. In regards to the first, I'm pretty sure that's his thing. He'll have stretches of being great, and then he'll have a bunch of games where he only pitches 5 innings and gives up 5 runs.

He's got a little bit of Jose Contreras is him, that's for sure...