2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2011 -> 12:43 PM)
Wouldn't have negated it but that's another at bat for a guy who's already thrown 120+ pitches and another baserunner to deal with.

True, but watching the Sox that day, I doubt they manage a hit anyway. It would have been a walk or a popout.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
Wouldn't have negated it but that's another at bat for a guy who's already thrown 120+ pitches and another baserunner to deal with.

yeah, but that's a stretch to say he got the no-no because of that call. Verlander's though, he got very lucky the ump was behind Miggy, because that was 100% a hit.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 9, 2011 -> 02:12 AM)
yeah, but that's a stretch to say he got the no-no because of that call. Verlander's though, he got very lucky the ump was behind Miggy, because that was 100% a hit.

Verlander should have his ump call up Galarraga's ump and trade.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 9, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
If Bradley didn't make $9M a year or whatever, I would have thought Kenny would take a chance on him, but I kind of doubt it w/ that pricetag.

KW has failed enough at his occupation for the last 4 years. That would be another failure. Regardless of money. Milton Bradley has been a terrible baseball player for going on three years now. Forget about all the other crap.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 9, 2011 -> 05:42 PM)
KW has failed enough at his occupation for the last 4 years. That would be another failure. Regardless of money. Milton Bradley has been a terrible baseball player for going on three years now. Forget about all the other crap.

No f***ing chance in hell do I want Milton Bradley near this team, I am just saying he seems like one of those people KW would want to turn around.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 9, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
If Bradley didn't make $9M a year or whatever, I would have thought Kenny would take a chance on him, but I kind of doubt it w/ that pricetag.

The White Sox (or any other team dumb enough to pick him up) would only have to pay Milton a pro-rated portion of the league minimum, the Mariners pay the rest...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2011 -> 07:10 PM)
Pretty crappy for baseball that Gardenhire's sitting Liriano tonight more or less "because of the presssure of ESPN and facing the Red Sox and Josh Beckett" in what should have been a marquee match-up for the sport.

Get stuck with Nick Blackburn instead.

He did throw a ton of pitches in his last outing (at least for him)

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 9, 2011 -> 08:22 PM)
Oh, so he would only cost the Sox about $300K or so? Suddenly I'm worried....

He'll clear waivers and then the Mariners will release him. At that point, he will be a free agent and can sign with any team.

I'd be quite surprised if anyone signed him.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 10, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
He'll clear waivers and then the Mariners will release him. At that point, he will be a free agent and can sign with any team.

I'd be quite surprised if anyone signed him.

If there's any guy in MLB who's burned their bridge to everyone...