2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
Is he a FA sometime soon? Why would the Yankees even think he's available?

It's the new hot "rumor" over the last few days, that the Rockies would think about selling him and his team-friendly contract. I can't tell if they have actually discussed or if Heyman just had nothing better to write about.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)
It's the new hot "rumor" over the last few days, that the Rockies would think about selling him and his team-friendly contract. I can't tell if they have actually discussed or if Heyman just had nothing better to write about.

If that's the case, then they asked for an appropriate price. Heck, the Rockies could have asked for more.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
Is he a FA sometime soon? Why would the Yankees even think he's available?

According to Rotoworld

1/27/09: Signed four-year, $10 million contract w/ 2013-14 club options. 2011: $2.8 million, 2012: $4.2 million, 2013: $5.75 million club option ($1M buyout), 2014: $8 million club option ($1 million buyout)

2014 option only if 2013 option is exercised (may void 2014 if traded)

2013 option increases to $6.75 million with 2012 Cy Young; $6.25 million with 2nd or 3rd place in 2013 Cy Young vote

2014 option increases to $9 million with 2013 Cy Young or 450 IP in 2012-13; $8.5 million with 2nd or 3rd place in 2013 Cy Young vote

Jimenez may void 2014 if traded

Performance bonuses: $50,000 each for 200, 210, 220, 230, 240 IP

Award bonuses: $100,000 for Cy Young ($50,000 for 2nd-5th in vote); $100,000 each for MVP, WS MVP; $75,000 for LCS MVP; $25,000 each for Gold Glove, All-Star selection

So with his ability and that contract the Rockies should be asking for a package like that.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)

Buster Olney mentioned it too, not sure if he's just working off of Heyman though

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
Absolutely. Hell ask for more, just because they are the Yankees.

And according to Heyman, the Yankees won't part with any of Banuelos, Betances or Nova. Nova? lol. I don't buy that at all. If true, have fun with that rotation sans C.C. against the Red Sox and Rangers come October.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)
And according to Heyman, the Yankees won't part with any of Banuelos, Betances or Nova. Nova? lol. I don't buy that at all. If true, have fun with that rotation sans C.C. against the Red Sox and Rangers come October.

And don't forget the White Sox! :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 05:19 PM)
That means we'd have to win the division and upset the Red Sox (I think they win that division). Not seeing it at all.

lol, yeah I know. The funny thing is I could see them giving the Red Sox a decent battle and possibly upsetting them. It's the whole winning the division thing that I don't see happening at all.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)
lol, yeah I know. The funny thing is I could see them giving the Red Sox a decent battle and possibly upsetting them. It's the whole winning the division thing that I don't see happening at all.

The Red Sox have been pretty bad against us the last couple years.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)

Have fun losing to the Twins in the first round..

I think after the DH sweep, the Twins will be hard-pressed to pass all three teams in front of them.

The odds are definitely not in their favor.

What's going to have to happen is that they get Span/Kubel back and they start getting on base in front of Mauer and Cuddyer. Revere's just wearing down playing everyday and Casilla's erratic at best. I think they were 1/17 in getting on base in the DH, but even 9 hits from Mauer and Cuddyer aren't producing anything because they're mostly not for extra bases (Cuddyer's homer the exception).

Plouffe has shown some definitely pop but he's still hitting in the low 200's.

What they need more than anything is a good #2 hitter. It's not Casilla, and it's not Nishioka. Huge problem.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
Have fun losing to the Twins in the first round..

The Yankee rotation could be Keith Olbermann, Jay-Z, and Rudy Giuliani and the Twins would still get swept in the ALDS.