2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 08:51 AM)
The swinging the bat part or the running the bases part?

Every bit of it. He seems to have unlimited range to his left at thirdbase, it's funny as hell seeing him make a play on a groundball seemingly hit right at the SS. He's just fun to watch in all facits of the game.

The Angels are offering fans a way to become less interested in the actual game when in attendance:

Baseball fans in Anaheim will like this news for sure. T-Mobile and the Los Angeles Angels have just announced a partnership that will allow fans to rent either a Samsung Galaxy Tab or T-Mobile G Slate during Los Angeles Angels games, The tablets, when rented will come pre-loaded with some goodies:

- Free game-day program, optimized for viewing on the tablet — an instant $3 added value.

- Free content from the Zinio magazine app, with the ability to read from a sampling of magazines during the game, including ESPN and many other popular magazines, drawing from Zinio’s library of more than 4,500 magazine titles.

- Free T-Mobile TV (on the T-Mobile G-Slate only), providing content from popular TV shows. All regular free content, plus the “Select” package, regularly $4.99, is available as part of the game-day tablet rental.

Pretty awesome! Hopefully, T-Mobile will be able to expand the program in the long run and bring it to many other venues. Just don't go rooting the tablets should you decide to go ahead and rent one during a game.

link for additional details

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
If I had a Hall of Fame vote, I would withhold it merely for having had to be exposed to this article:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writ...amp;hpt=hp_bn10

God, I hate New Yorkers.

You pretty much have to be a d-bag to not vote for him. The guy is the very definition of a Hall of Famer.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 04:34 PM)
You pretty much have to be a d-bag to not vote for him. The guy is the very definition of a Hall of Famer.

Would you say he's the single most deserving hall of fame candidate in baseball history?

If not, then he shouldn't be unanimous.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
Would you say he's the single most deserving hall of fame candidate in baseball history?

If not, then he shouldn't be unanimous.

You don't vote as a pack, you vote as an individual. You have no idea what the rest of the voters are doing. You are supposed to decide as individuals on the merit of each person on your ballot.

This idiotic idea of worrying about others votes it just an exercise in notice me journalism. That way you get to write something about being the person who stopped Derick Jeter from being unanimous, thus whoring yourself onto Jeter's legacy.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 03:47 PM)
I'll say it - I wouldn't vote for him on his first ballot. If Joe DiMaggio, Jimmy Foxx and Roberto Alomar aren't first ballot Hall of Famers then neither is Jeter.

The Roberto Alomar thing was just stupid, and essentially another media stunt.