2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

Cardinals fans just gave a standing ovation for a player who was hitting .197 before they traded for him. They can say they are the best fans in baseball, but I found them to be some of the worst. They love the team, but after that they're dreadful. Absolute lack of knowledge of the game.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 07:15 PM)
Sweet no wave anymore.. now all they need are enforcers at every end of the seats to make sure no one is allowed to get up for any reason until the game has completed..

Some of you guys are jokes

Yeah, we're the jokes -

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 08:15 PM)
Sweet no wave anymore.. now all they need are enforcers at every end of the seats to make sure no one is allowed to get up for any reason until the game has completed..

Some of you guys are jokes

Have fun doing the wave, "getting loud" when you are told to do so, and being an obnoxious ass by getting up and down as you please. I actually believe this goes over well in a ballpark on the north side of Chicago

When I go to a game at any of the other 29 ballparks I'll have fun actually paying attention to the game.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Aju5...s_losers_073111

Look for the Red Sox or Yankees to possibly claim the $39 million remaining on Wandy Rodriguez's deal....and work out something.

Unless KW claims him first.

I can't believe the Yankees stood pat this year with their pitching situation.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
Have fun doing the wave, "getting loud" when you are told to do so, and being an obnoxious ass by getting up and down as you please. I actually believe this goes over well in a ballpark on the north side of Chicago

When I go to a game at any of the other 31 ballparks I'll have fun actually paying attention to the game.

:headbang

When I go to a game at any of the other 29 ballparks I'll have fun actually paying attention to the game.

lol. Watch the game on TV if you don't want to have any emotions and just want to concentrate on the action. Clearly the fun and enjoyment other people have around you bothers you for some reason.

What's up with the wave hate? Seriously, is fun so abhored by everyone? Do I participate? No. Does it offend me that kids get a kick out of it? Absolutely not. The game is not solely for stat nerds who need to see every 73 mph curveball thrown by Mark Buehrle. Kids are very important for the game, and the wave is a free activity that looks very cool to them.

Any person here who says they didn't love the wave as a child is dead inside.

Christ, the wave is 100x more entertaining than an Alex Rios at-bat.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
What's up with the wave hate? Seriously, is fun so abhored by everyone? Do I participate? No. Does it offend me that kids get a kick out of it? Absolutely not. The game is not solely for stat nerds who need to see every 73 mph curveball thrown by Mark Buehrle. Kids are very important for the game, and the wave is a free activity that looks very cool to them.

Smelling stinky armpits is more entertaining than watching an Alex Rios at-bat.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)

Yep. I generally don't participate in the wave either, but not because of any distaste I have for people having fun at the game, but usually because I am too lazy. Haha. I'll do the throw the arms up while sitting down manuever maybe. But I don't see the point in wasting energy to hate it and be a killjoy for those who enjoy it. Not everyone goes to baseball games to scout the players and watch every single pitch. People go for the atmosphere, the fun, the people, the entertainment, and the relaxation. Hell, I don't even see 80% of the pitches in a game. I am talking to someone, getting food, watching drunk fans, taking in the ballpark, texting on my phone, going to the bathroom, what have you. God forbid some kids who don't even understand what is going on in front of them take part in the wave. Even if they do pay attention, it's not like standing for 1-2 seconds at a time is going to throw you off so much that you have no idea what is transpiring on the massive field in front of your eyes.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)
Yep. I generally don't participate in the wave either, but not because of any distaste I have for people having fun at the game, but usually because I am too lazy. Haha. I'll do the throw the arms up while sitting down manuever maybe. But I don't see the point in wasting energy to hate it and be a killjoy for those who enjoy it. Not everyone goes to baseball games to scout the players and watch every single pitch. People go for the atmosphere, the fun, the people, the entertainment, and the relaxation. Hell, I don't even see 80% of the pitches in a game. I am talking to someone, getting food, watching drunk fans, taking in the ballpark, texting on my phone, going to the bathroom, what have you. God forbid some kids who don't even understand what is going on in front of them take part in the wave. Even if they do pay attention, it's not like standing for 1-2 seconds at a time is going to throw you off so much that you have no idea what is transpiring on the massive field in front of your eyes.

That's ridiculous.

Anyway though, I don't care for the wave but I certainly don't care if anyone is doing it. They happen once or twice a game for about 5 seconds. The constant getting up and down is an actual problem, though. I know some posters think it's crazy that they have rules in hockey that you can't return to your seat until there is a break in the action, but that should be the case.

Edited by Milkman delivers

Well, you can go hang out at KeyArena during future NBA seasons and you won't have to worry about the wave.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
That's ridiculous.

Anyway though, I don't care for the wave but I certainly don't care if anyone is doing it. They happen once or twice a game for about 5 seconds. The constant getting up and down is an actual problem, though. I know some posters think it's crazy that they have rules in hockey that you can't return to your seat until there is a break in the action, but that should be the case.

PREACH!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 02:56 AM)
2nd round pick no less. But hey, it's ok that we can never find guys like this. Dreaded draft position and everything.

Tons of other teams missed on him. I have no beef with the Sox not having him, as they've taken a chance on someone with a similar pedigree in Trayce Thompson. It's the pathetic picks like Phegley and MAC closers that really piss me off.