2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 01:16 PM)
Wow, after 2009 when Aaron Hill looked like he'd be a better version of Beckham and Kelly Johnson was getting DFA'd by the Braves, who'da thunk that?

What a mystery Johnson is.

I actually love this move for the Blue Jays.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
Seriously, what happened to Aaron Hill too?

He stopped taking the PED's...but Johnson still goes on these streaks where he is completely incredible for 3 weeks...then goes back to being a complete black hole for a month and a half...Hill just completely blows on all levels now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
Oh brother. How many years ago did we trade hiim? Get over it.

Two years ago. Why would a White Sox fan get over trading a power hitting 1B/OF prospect for a bum reliever? Big BA is only 25 by the way. 25. Another player who would negate the need to waste money on Adam Dunn.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
Two years ago. Why would a White Sox fan get over trading a power hitting 1B/OF prospect for a bum reliever? Big BA is only 25 by the way. 25. Another player who would negate the need to waste money on Adam Dunn.

While I agree the trade was awful, he is batting .237 in his career at the major league level. He is having a good couple of weeks since being sent to Oakland, but why linger on guys that are gone? Nothing you guys can do about it.

The thing that makes me laugh about everyone b****ing about ex-prospects, is that there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO guarantee that said prospect would ever develop under the White Sox the same way they are on other teams, and vice versa on guys traded to the Sox.

Sometimes it's a scenery thing. Having different coaches telling you different things. Different ballparks. Hell Different weather.... You never know with ballplayers.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 10:48 PM)
While I agree the trade was awful, he is batting .237 in his career at the major league level. He is having a good couple of weeks since being sent to Oakland, but why linger on guys that are gone? Nothing you guys can do about it.

.237 in about 150 ABs sprinkled over the course of three years? He's finally getting a chance with Oakland and he's producing. His minor league resume predicted as much.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 10:52 PM)
The thing that makes me laugh about everyone b****ing about ex-prospects, is that there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO guarantee that said prospect would ever develop under the White Sox the same way they are on other teams, and vice versa on guys traded to the Sox.

Sometimes it's a scenery thing. Having different coaches telling you different things. Different ballparks. Hell Different weather.... You never know with ballplayers.

Excuses, excuses and more excuses.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 04:20 AM)
Oh, Clayton Kershaw is the front-runner for the NL CY, IMO.

I would agree. It's impressive that he is tied for the NL lead in wins with that offense. The Dodgers may have the Cy Young winner & a top 3 MVP finisher, yet are 10 games under .500.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 07:21 AM)
I would agree. It's impressive that he is tied for the NL lead in wins with that offense. The Dodgers may have the Cy Young winner & a top 3 MVP finisher, yet are 10 games under .500.

1.21 ERA in his last 10 starts. The guy just gets better every year. What is he, 23? Sick.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 08:21 AM)

It's amazing that the Dodgers could get the MVP and CY and finish in 4th.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 02:19 AM)
Excuses, excuses and more excuses.

I'm insulting the White Sox ability to produce prospects, and I'm making excuses? You're at the forefront of that movement haha. Make up your mind here....