2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically, the Rays need to get that down to 1 game going into the final 3 if they want a shot. Ideally, they tie up the race tomorrow though. It'll be interesting to see how Braves/Cardinals plays out as well. Atlanta is still in great shape, but they have to be feeling the pressure. That's a potential choke that is being largely ignored due to all of the attention Boston and Tampa Bay are getting.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
Wouldn't it be a tie if the Yankees beat the Red Sox twice and the Rays win?

Ellsbury now has 30 homers, 38 steals and 100 RBI's. Quite a season. Clearly the best leadoff hitter in baseball (along with Jose Reyes) and Top 3 in the AL MVP race.

Check Ellsbury's caught-stealings. He's got 38 steals at a rate that's nearly Pierre bad.

And yes, it would be a tie if the Sox lost both today and th e Rays won 1.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)
Wouldn't it be a tie if the Yankees beat the Red Sox twice and the Rays win?

Ellsbury now has 30 homers, 38 steals and 100 RBI's. Quite a season. Clearly the best leadoff hitter in baseball (along with Jose Reyes) and Top 3 in the AL MVP race.

Yes.

Boston loses; Tampa wins.

Boston loses tonight and we have a WC tie! Unbelievable. I'm going to SOSH right now.

Edited by Jordan4life

Cardinals taking a lead to the 9th. Braves lost. Could be down to 1 game.

Cardinals go to Houston.

Braves host the Phillies. With the Phils playing bad this week, they'll want to win those games.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were two games on Thursday for the last playoff spot, and not some forced 1-game bulls*** they'll be doing in the next couple years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 06:35 PM)

My goodness. For a team that has won 2 W.S. titles in the last 7 years, I woulda thought their fans would be at least a little less abrasive. I don't even think soxtalk posters here would get that crazy.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)
Ellsbury just won the MVP.

Could see that homer coming a mile away, Proctor was complete f***in garbage that whole inning.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 11:13 PM)
Definitely. I didn't think the Rays would have even gotten to within 0.5, but they managed it. The Red Sox win tonight should fuel them to finish strong, though.

Eh, sorry to use a cliche but momentum is as good as the next days starting pitcher, granted, I believe the Sawx are going to grab the WC as well but one bad inning from Beckett and all the good feeling from last nights victory is gone.