2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
Red Sox are trying to trade for Bruce Chen for a possible Game 163. How the hell can this be allowed?

The trade deadline should be in the middle of August, and you're stuck with your organization the rest of the season. Period.

That is BS, although he won't be eligible for the postseason roster. Potentially they could trade for him, give something up, and he may never ever pitch for them if game 163 doesn't happen.

I love that the Yankees starter is still TBA, & Roberston/Soriano/Rivera all got work yesterday, so they definitely won't pitch today. Suck it Boston.

Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

Chen cleared waivers. Potential Type B free agent. So #RedSox could give up something of value for SP who might never pitch for them. #MLB

Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

Chen scheduled to pitch tonight. Ineligible for post-season roster. And deal would need to be completed today. #RedSox #Royals #MLB

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)
Wait, someone explain to me how Chen can still be traded.

He has cleared waivers and thus can be moved for any player that has also cleared waivers or is not on the 40 man.

He would be ineligible for the postseason roster though, as that must have been set as of August 1.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)
He has cleared waivers and thus can be moved for any player that has also cleared waivers or is not on the 40 man.

He would be ineligible for the postseason roster though, as that must have been set as of August 1.

August 31st. August 1st is just the non-waiver trades deadline.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
str8edgeracer C.J. Wilson

by Buster_ESPN

Seriously people- taking out a star player to preserve his batting average lead...weak! I hope ryan braun goes 5- 5 and wins the title now

You the man C.J. Wilson. b**** move by Reyes, and I guess he made the decision to leave the game himself.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)
Let's see:

AL MVP: Bautista

AL CY: Verlander

AL ROY: Hosmer

AL MOY: Maddon

AL Exec: Friedman

NL MVP: Kemp

NL CY: Kershaw

NL ROY: Kimbrel

NL MOY: Gibson

NL Exec: Melvin

Give me Hellickson as the AL ROY. Think I agree with the rest. (Although Braun will win the NL MVP, I still prefer Kemp.)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)
Let's see:

AL MVP: Bautista

AL CY: Verlander

AL ROY: Hosmer

AL MOY: Maddon

AL Exec: Friedman

NL MVP: Kemp

NL CY: Kershaw

NL ROY: Kimbrel

NL MOY: Gibson

NL Exec: Melvin

If Boston pulls out the WC, I'm going Ellsbury as my MVP. Agreed on the rest.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 02:41 AM)
Well they have a zero percent chance to make the playoffs, so I wouldn't worry about that..

This is what I said about the Red Sox back in April

Although, the Rays just stopped me from bragging too much as they broke the stat I was using to base this off of..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/base...?sct=mlb_t2_a11

PHOENIX (AP) -- Los Angeles Dodgers infielder Eugenio Velez has broken a modern-day major league record for a non-pitcher by going hitless in his final 46 at-bats.

Velez grounded out to second as a pinch hitter in the eighth inning against the Arizona Diamondbacks in the regular-season finale Wednesday night. He broke the record of 45 straight at-bats that belonged to Pittsburgh's Bill Bergen (1909), Dave Campbell of San Diego and St. Louis (1973) and Milwaukee's Craig Counsell this season.

Velez, who hasn't had a hit since May 2010, stayed in the game at second base, but did not bat again.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/base...l#ixzz1ZMiKGIVG