2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 10:28 AM)
If the coach sends Hamilton home and Hamilton thinks its a stupid call, should he try as hard as he can to score the run or not?

Right, Hamilton should expose himself to injury because the coach made a mistake.

Nope, sorry, can't agree with that. He still has the choice on how to slide.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 09:35 AM)
Right, Hamilton should expose himself to injury because the coach made a mistake.

Nope, sorry, can't agree with that. He still has the choice on how to slide.

Agreed. I am pretty certain that if Ron Washington had a chance to have Hamilton be out by a wide margin or injured for 8 weeks, he would tell Hamilton to take the out every time.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 10:38 AM)
Agreed. I am pretty certain that if Ron Washington had a chance to have Hamilton be out by a wide margin or injured for 8 weeks, he would tell Hamilton to take the out every time.

To me that is akin to giving you directions on how to get somewhere, but because I didn't say "look both ways before you cross the street" you get hit by a bus and blame me for it.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 03:32 AM)
Josh Hamilton is an idiot! He broke his arm on a terrible slide, and blamed the coaching staff. Learn to slide, Junior! Lift and tap.. LIFT AND TAP! Don't land on your arms!

After all of the chances and patience he's been given by the Rangers' and other organizations, maybe he should shut the f*** up and focus on not mainlining heroin while his arm recovers.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
After all of the chances and patience he's been given by the Rangers' and other organizations, maybe he should shut the f*** up and focus on not mainlining heroin while his arm recovers.

Because he hasn't done anything for the Rangers org either?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 11:29 AM)
Because he hasn't done anything for the Rangers org either?

Of course he has, but he has no right to throw his coach under the bus. We've seen bigger names and no-names pass on the opportunity to shirk the blame to someone else. It's what you do.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)

Don't throw stones if you live in glass bongs?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 10:26 AM)
Yeah, if you think 10 games is going to discourage teams from signing Albert, you're crazy. If they have the money, that is the last thing that they are worried about. The only thing that will hurt him, is if he gets exposed for streroids. Other than that, it is all about how big of a deal can he find.

Green?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 08:36 AM)
The 0-6 thing is a nice number, but no team had ever come back from 0-3 in a playoff series to win either, and we all know how that turned out for Boston.

Thats true, however, they are the only team EVER to come back from 0-3.. the odds aren't good..

And then you have people coming out with the "you remember when Oakland had to win 20 games in a row??" "You remember when Houston had to make up 15 games??"

Those are all long shots, especially with Boston playing in the AL, and AL East for that matter.. Toronto and Baltimore are at least solid enough now not to get beat up on by Boston.. There is still Us, Minnesota, Detroit.. Oakland, Texas, Angels.. I think they are gonna be kicking themselves come the end of the season due to this start and them missing the playoffs..

And to whoever asked, it was something like 46 teams have started 0-6 since like 1920 and like 5 of them finished with a winning record and none made the playoffs..

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 01:00 PM)
Thats true, however, they are the only team EVER to come back from 0-3.. the odds aren't good..

And then you have people coming out with the "you remember when Oakland had to win 20 games in a row??" "You remember when Houston had to make up 15 games??"

Those are all long shots, especially with Boston playing in the AL, and AL East for that matter.. Toronto and Baltimore are at least solid enough now not to get beat up on by Boston.. There is still Us, Minnesota, Detroit.. Oakland, Texas, Angels.. I think they are gonna be kicking themselves come the end of the season due to this start and them missing the playoffs..

And to whoever asked, it was something like 46 teams have started 0-6 since like 1920 and like 5 of them finished with a winning record and none made the playoffs..

None of those teams had the talent that the Red Sox do either. The truth is the Al East isn't that good this year. Outside of the Yankees, the back of that division isn't any better than the last three teams in the AL Central. None of those other teams, including the Sox, have more talent than Boston either.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 05:29 PM)
I don't care if Jackson goes Felix Hernandez this year. If he walks after this year then the trade will have been a colossal fail. Hudson is right on par with Jackson from a talent/stuff perspective. And he likely has better command/control. Forgot about AL/NL crap. And Arizona has another 5 years or so before they have to worry about losing him to FA.

Dude, can you start a "J4L HATES THE DAN HUDSON TRADE" thread so I don't have to read this crap in every thread? How on earth do you have the time to argue this crap in every f***ing thread I read. There is no one on this board that doesn't know your stance on the Hudson/Jackson trade. Jesus H Christ.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
Dude, can you start a "J4L HATES THE DAN HUDSON TRADE" thread so I don't have to read this crap in every thread? How on earth do you have the time to argue this crap in every f***ing thread I read. There is no one on this board that doesn't know your stance on the Hudson/Jackson trade. Jesus H Christ.

Wait, what's wrong with the Dan Hudson trade?