2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- A person familiar with the decision says the Boston Red Sox have agreed to terms with first baseman Adrian Gonzalez on a seven-year contract worth $154 million.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the deal was to be announced Friday afternoon.

Link

Check out this post by a Red Sox fan...

GMonstah

* Group: SoSH Unsubscribed Member

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:57 PM

With all due respect to Crawford's unique skill set, it appears that his skills somewhat duplicate Ellsbury's, that it has been difficult to find a comfortable lineup spot for him to hit that doesn't

supplant someone else (ie Pedroia at the 2 hole), and that his defensive skills are somewhat wasted in left field. Given the need for a right handed basher and some young starting pitching in case some of the Beckett/Lackey/DiceK troika don't perform as hoped, would it make sense to eat a portion of Crawford's salary and trade him to a team for some superior young talent as we did for Gonzalez?? What do you think?

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

Oh my goodness this fanbase is atrocious.

One of the thinnest rotations in the game gets a whole lot thinner > http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...yy&c_id=nyy

Something(s) awful would have to occur for us to be hopelessly out of it by the break or right around the deadline. But if that were the case, and the Yankees offer up Jesus Montero for Danks, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:43 PM)
Matt Kemp Walks off against Franklin, his 2nd HR against him in a couple days.

Not sure if it was you. It probably wasn't. But I argued a few months back that guys like Kemp and B.J. Upton are the types you take a chance on even if they've underachieved. And multiple posters said I was crazy. I'd give up anything for Kemp.