2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

Don Mattingly needs to grow the mustache again. I can't get used to seeing him without it. I have a cousin who did the same thing. My cousin hasn't had a mustache for 25 years, and still every time I see him I think he looks odd without it. C'mon Donny Baseball, do the right thing.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 12:09 AM)
Don Mattingly needs to grow the mustache again. I can't get used to seeing him without it. I have a cousin who did the same thing. My cousin hasn't had a mustache for 25 years, and still every time I see him I think he looks odd without it. C'mon Donny Baseball, do the right thing.

Dude, I HATE your avy. Any chance you'll ever change it?

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
Not very impressed by the opening day lineups for the Brewers and Reds. Kotsay starting for Milwaukee in RF!

Corey Hart is on the DL for the first week or so. It's OK to have Kotsay as a NL bench player & injury replacement, just not an everyday DH.

1:00 PM EST: Detroit Tigers (Justin Verlander) @ New York Yankees (C.C. Sabathia)

1:00 PM EST: Atlanta Braves (Derek Lowe) @ Washington Nationals (Livan Hernandez)

2:00 PM EST: Milwaukee Brewers (Yovani Gallardo) @ Cincinnati Reds (Edinson Volquez)

4:00 PM EST: Los Angeles Angels (Jered Weaver) @ Kansas City Royals (Luke Hochevar)

4:00 PM EST: San Diego Padres (Tim Stauffer) @ St. Louis Cardinals (Chris Carpenter)

8:00 PM EST: San Francisco Giants (Tim Lincecum) @ Los Angeles Dodgers (Clayton Kershaw)

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 10:55 AM)
I'll be watching Detroit v. NYY until the Brewers/Reds game starts. I think I'll stick on that for a while and then watch the end of the SD/STL game and give myself a nightcap of SF/LA.

Sidenote: Why the hell aren't the Giants opening the season at home!?

That's what Im doing too.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
Sidenote: Why the hell aren't the Giants opening the season at home!?

I think the schedule is released in September, so the home teams on Opening Day were already set before the playoffs even started.

I was a big fan of the WS champ hosting a game in primetime the night before Opening Day. I guess it just worked out in past years that the champ was starting the season at home.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)
The new MLB Gameday is f*cking sick... as brought to you by MLB 11 The Show, no less.

Woah, it's awesome. It'd be cooler if they had individualized stances for each player, that'd be sick.