2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 07:43 AM)
Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

There is a sense in FLA front office that Jeffrey Loria and David Samson will be taking a greater role in making player personnel decisions.

throw the ozeroo in that mix and that franchise will be epic......careful what you ask for oz

I see a 100 loss season being an annual thing down there

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/rumbli...-loaded-closers

1. Now that Tim Wakefield has made it through seven straight fruitless attempts at his 200th win, it's time for this important alert, courtesy of loyal reader Aaron Byrd-Leitner: If Wakefield doesn't figure out a way to win a game over the next three weeks, 2011 will become the first season since (ready?) 1879 in which NO active pitcher had 200 wins. The active leader at the end of that 1879 season: 43-game winner Tommy Bond, who finished that year with 195.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
Jacoby Ellsbury now leads all of baseball in fWAR. I was considering him for MVP before, but now I think he has a decent shot to win it. After all, he plays on a good team and Bautista plays on a mediocre one.

He's having a year that mimics most of Rickey Henderson's prime years. I have no idea where the power has come from. I'd say it's between him, Bautista and Granderson.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
Jacoby Ellsbury now leads all of baseball in fWAR. I was considering him for MVP before, but now I think he has a decent shot to win it. After all, he plays on a good team and Bautista plays on a mediocre one.

Curtis Granderson says whaddup?

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 05:39 PM)
Curtis Granderson says whaddup?

Ellsbury's wOBA is .007 lower and plays a much better center field. The difference in their run production is a mere 3 runs. I think I'd give Ellsbury the nod if it was between those two.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 11:40 PM)
The Rays take these next two and it definitely gets interesting. I wish the Rays had called up Jennings earlier.

the rays have been dicking around with jennings for the past two years, much in the same way the sox have with viciedo. the kid should have been up last year imo

Strasburg pulled after 3 innings and 57 pitches. Really labored in the 2nd inning. FB was only hitting 92. Davey Johnson had to go out and check on him. Looked better in the 3rd inning. K'd a couple guys while the FB was topping out at 96. They obviously weren't going to take any chances. I could see them just shutting him down.