2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
That would be so awesome. Imagine that Boston team not even making it to the playoffs.

They'd change the division/playoff format in a month.

You think it's bad here? Check out Sons of Sam Horn. I can't believe the s*** they get away with there. Some poster made fun of Jon Lester's past cancer or whatever the hell he had yesterday. They're in full-blown meltdown mode.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
You think it's bad here? Check out Sons of Sam Horn. I can't believe the s*** they get away with there. Some poster made fun of Jon Lester's past cancer or whatever the hell he had yesterday. They're in full-blown meltdown mode.

Wicked hahd-cowr.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)

I was there over the weekend, didn't hear a single thing about the Red Sox or the Rays' run. That was likely due to football just beginning, though.

That would be so awesome. Imagine that Boston team not even making it to the playoffs.

They'd change the division/playoff format in a month.

As long as I don't hear how great the Red Sox/ Yankees games are.. I am happy.

Also I love to see the Rays, after everyone (including me) picked them to finish behind the Red Sox and Yankees.. make it, I love the D-Rays for years.. Greatly built organization.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 12:34 PM)
Thanks. I went up to Miller Park this weekend and remembered how awesome it is to attend a meaningful baseball game. Perhaps I'll venture up north again come October.

Mil is only 1/2 game ahead of Arz.

It could change.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 08:34 AM)
They are still 6.5 ahead of STL. Wouldn't there be a meaningful baseball game up there either way?

He's talking October.

Milwaukee will still host playoff games most likely, but may not host as many if Arizona keeps winning.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 01:33 AM)
This feels like '05 for me. I actually got up and cheered. I hate Red Sox fans more than I hate Cubs fans. I want them to suffer.

Red Sox got the lead. What the hell got into Ellsbury? Had no opposite field homers coming into year, now he had a handful over the Monster as well as hitting near 450 foot homers. Also, make sure you check out Juan Francisco's cheap homer vs the Cubs yesterday.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 07:35 PM)
Red Sox got the lead. What the hell got into Ellsbury? Had no opposite field homers coming into year, now he had a handful over the Monster as well as hitting near 450 foot homers. Also, make sure you check out Juan Francisco's cheap homer vs the Cubs yesterday.

Too late. I saw it yesterday on MLB network. Like Thome's walkoff against Thornton last year, that sucker still hasn't landed. And is it me, or do the Reds have two of everything? Catcher, left-fielders, shortstops, second baseman. Would they part with Grandal for Danks? They already have Mesoraco. I pretty much want to acquire pitching for Danks or Floyd. But to get a catcher of that potential would be too much to pass up. Of course this is all fantasy.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 06:55 PM)
I f***ing hate Brandon Morrow. Some of the sickest stuff in the league and he perpetually underachieves. And the Rays are being stymied by Alfredo Simon.

Strikeouts & sabermetrics can only help you so much, at some point you have to do something to stop giving up runs.

Blue Jays will get the lead back, no way Wakefield wins #200.