Everyone loves it but me

Texsox

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 11:22 AM)
I'm such a contrarian that I hate almost all of the things you people have already mentioned, and I couldn't even think of all of the stuff I hate.

I can tell you the thing I hate the most that a lot of people seem to love: onions. They are on everything if you don't specifically request that they not be. I'll throw out entire plates of food if there are onions in it if they can't be picked off easily, like if they're chopped up. One bite of a single little onion piece and I'll no longer stomach the food.

I'm the same way with pickles.

Coffee

Wine

Dave Matthews (his band is great, but his voice is terrible, he comes off super-creepy)

Most celebrity "hot" girls (usually lacking in curves and way too much makeup)

Video or computer games

Jake Peavy (but I'm just fine with him leading the Sox to the post-season)

Dancing

Most popular TV shows (a few exceptions: Outsourced, 30 Rock)

Avatar (not a single decent thing about this movie other than the visuals)

Reality TV

Harry Potter

Also, I don't get why people are putting down Twilight. Is that really that loved? Outside of teenage girls and some older women does anyone actually like that crap. I seriously know 2 people in total that actually like those movies and books.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 11:22 AM)
I'm such a contrarian that I hate almost all of the things you people have already mentioned, and I couldn't even think of all of the stuff I hate.

I can tell you the thing I hate the most that a lot of people seem to love: onions. They are on everything if you don't specifically request that they not be. I'll throw out entire plates of food if there are onions in it if they can't be picked off easily, like if they're chopped up. One bite of a single little onion piece and I'll no longer stomach the food.

Onions prepared in any way? Because I absolutely love sauteed onions on a burger or steak, but raw onions don't do it for me on a burger. I don't mind a few chopped onions on a chili dog, but any more than "a few" and it becomes overpowering. And I absolutely love onion straws (like a blooming onion) but really don't like onion rings.

Basically, too much raw onion flavor can ruin a dish, but just a hint of it or have them cooked until all of the sugars come out of them makes for some tasty food.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
I'll agree on onions, you can add mushrooms as well to my list.

I agree there. Most of my family likes mushrooms, so when we order pizza we'll get 1/2 without mushrooms for me. Then everyone eats that pizza first before eating the one with mushrooms. Pisses me off.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 04:05 PM)
Onions prepared in any way? Because I absolutely love sauteed onions on a burger or steak, but raw onions don't do it for me on a burger. I don't mind a few chopped onions on a chili dog, but any more than "a few" and it becomes overpowering. And I absolutely love onion straws (like a blooming onion) but really don't like onion rings.

Basically, too much raw onion flavor can ruin a dish, but just a hint of it or have them cooked until all of the sugars come out of them makes for some tasty food.

Onion rings (and blooming onions) are fine, but that's because they no longer have any onion flavor.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 05:59 PM)
Onion rings (and blooming onions) are fine, but that's because they no longer have any onion flavor.

HATE onions, but I love a big ass bloomin' onion from Outback! ..Or the Renaissance faire!

More things I dislike but everyone seems to love:

Brooklyn Decker!!!

McDonald's

those stupid box looking cars

female police officers

zebra print

those bright ass colored skinny jeans

gold jewelry

winter

grocery shopping

that every other new movie is in 3D

zombies on COD Black ops