Everyone loves it but me

Texsox

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)
March Madness. I cared about college sports for 4 years. Then I graduated college.

I respect your opinion, but this is about as blasphemous as it gets for me...March Madness is widely opined to be the greatest event in all of sports...I have never had a favorite college team (other than when I was at SIU), and yet I am still absolutely glued to the tv for the entire tournament. I took off school and/or work for the first Thursday and Friday of the tournament since I was about 8 years old until the last few years, when I took a job where I can't really miss a shift.

You honestly don't care for it at all?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
Me too...I've been going back and listening to each album for a week or so at a time...just absolute brilliance.

Oh I agree. I think Yield is probably my favorite but really it's hard to say any of them are your favorite. Ten is amazing too.

Wasn't a huge fan of their self-titled, but it's OK. Love Backspacer.

(hasn't listened to Pearl Jam in a while)

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
I respect your opinion, but this is about as blasphemous as it gets for me...March Madness is widely opined to be the greatest event in all of sports...I have never had a favorite college team (other than when I was at SIU), and yet I am still absolutely glued to the tv for the entire tournament. I took off school and/or work for the first Thursday and Friday of the tournament since I was about 8 years old until the last few years, when I took a job where I can't really miss a shift.

You honestly don't care for it at all?

I don't dislike March Madness, I just don't really care the much about it and certainly don't love it. Because I don't care about college sports in general. I don't think there's anything wrong with people getting excited about it, though, and I do think the concept of the whole thing is great, even if I don't consume the product.

My post should have been directed more at men's basketball/football in general, I just brought up March Madness due to timing. The BCS, though, s***can that whole thing.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
Oh I agree. I think Yield is probably my favorite but really it's hard to say any of them are your favorite. Ten is amazing too.

Wasn't a huge fan of their self-titled, but it's OK. Love Backspacer.

(hasn't listened to Pearl Jam in a while)

Yeah, Yield is incredibly underrated by the fanbase it seems. Love Faithful, Given to Fly, Do the Evolution, Low Light, and In Hiding...I think a lot of people started falling off the wagon with No Code, and so Yield didn't quite get the mass appeal that some of the first albums did, even though it was really well-received critically.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 11, 2011 -> 12:25 AM)
Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't care for college sports. I have no interest in watching a second rate product. Give me the NBA and NFL all day.

Same here. The only reason I pay any attention to March Madness is so I know how much longer I have to put up with it until baseball season starts.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Mar 11, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
Seinfeld. Great show in its time, but I can't make myself watch the reruns. It just seems so dated.

Although, they did have the foresight to film the show in 16:9 format.