2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

I just want Ozzie to know his players better. You've been here for this long and still don't know Alexei isn't a great bunter (sure he'll get one down from time to time, but is not consistent enough) Pierre, Vizquel are the best bunters on your team.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 11:34 PM)
I just want Ozzie to know his players better. You've been here for this long and still don't know Alexei isn't a great bunter (sure he'll get one down from time to time, but is not consistent enough) Pierre, Vizquel are the best bunters on your team.

And from what I have seen, Alexei hasn't looked completely lost and terrible at baseball thus far either, which is a huge change from his normal Aprils

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 12:34 AM)

An inning or so later, Pierre dropped down a bunt and advanced Vizquel, and I had much less problem with it.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 03:08 AM)
And from what I have seen, Alexei hasn't looked completely lost and terrible at baseball thus far either, which is a huge change from his normal Aprils

You haven't looked closely enough then. He's looked awful. Had 1 hard hit ball all weekend, and that was a rolling, hanging breaking ball from some POS reliever.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 01:37 PM)
I abhor off-days.

I didn't mean to be an offday asshole. I was just wondering aloud about the fact a skinny big leaguer, just a few days after the conclusion of spring training can look awful on the first attempt at the simple act of bunting, then bunts into a triple play. Huge mojo killer. We lead 1-0 and can have second and third and one out.

Arguably a killer in trying to sweep the Tribe.

I get the reasoning, just am ready to sign a petition to deliver to Jerry that say no more bunting until big leaguers actually can pass a bunting test.

Lexi obviously can't bunt except to drag bunt for a hit like somebody said.

Peace.

Nice Sox groupon today. Includes patio party before the game.

Several games to choose from.

EDIT: I wound up getting tickets to the 4/16 game with some friends. Perhaps this would be an ideal setting for another Soxtalk meetup?

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 03:24 PM)
It's kind of funny to think that Ozzie had Alexei bunt, so keep him away from grounding into a double play, and instead he bunts into a triple play. lol.

Ozzie is a stubborn fool with all of his bunting. Some day he'll realize that he has a softball team and stop playing as if it's 1957.

Stat of the day from ESPN...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor...ce=MLBHeadlines

statistician and master baseball observer Bill Chuck points out, Guerrero needs only 28 more sacrifice bunt-free games to pass Carlos Delgado and move into third place behind Harmon Killebrew (2,435 games) and Frank Thomas (2,322) on the all-time list.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 02:44 AM)
Trevor Cahill and Dallas Braden? Lawl they dont scare me at all

Sox will get Braden, Cahill, and Anderson next week.

Cahill went 8 innings today. 1 run, no walks, 7 k's.

Good matchup with Jackson.

Edited by flavum