2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (since56 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 08:06 AM)
Go ahead and crucify me for this but, how about easing Peavey back by putting him in bullpen and leaving Humber in the rotation until he begins to falter.

If Peavy is ready to start, and Humber is as good as he has been in his four starts, he would be huge for that pen. Humber would give the Sox a middle/set up guy that they could count on, besides Crain.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
If Peavy is ready to start, and Humber is as good as he has been in his four starts, he would be huge for that pen. Humber would give the Sox a middle/set up guy that they could count on, besides Crain.

We have no idea what Peavy would be like out of the pen. For that matter, we don't know what Humber is like either, but he wouldn't be counted on to get outs late in the game. Beyond that, it would be a complete financial waste to have Peavy in the pen.

I think this is something you consider in like August or September, not April.

Great read on Pauli and Walker in the NYT. Link

Interesting quote:

Konerko returned for three years and $37.5 million, turning down a chance to play with his hometown Arizona Diamondbacks. He also came back after the 2005 championship, rejecting a richer offer from the Baltimore Orioles. Both times, he said, the presence of Walker played into his decision.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 07:57 AM)

I really dislike seeing how people defend coaching staffs. Yes, it's somewhat unfair that they should be held accountable for the failures of the individual players, but that's how the game works. If that weren't the case, coaches would have their jobs for life unless they went on some unbelievable anti-Semitic diatribe on live television.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
Viciedo question: is there any chance he can play left field? Could you see him coming up and someone else leading off?

Viciedo has typically struggled with the bats to start the season and he's struggling with teh bats now.

He does not belong on the big league team right now.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 05:35 PM)
Thanks. Just curious because if he starts hitting like he did in ST then it's going to be hard to keep him down on the farm, and the only hole emerging now might be LF. Maybe Alexi could lead off...

Really, no, it won't be hard to keep him down on the farm. Not for this year anyway. Unless someone gets hurt.

How much longer until Morel and Beckham are starting at Charlotte? Vizquel and Teahen should play more. Pierre and Vizquel should bat one two.

I wish it wasn't this way but I have seen about enough of Beckham and Morel is not MLB ready yet if ever.

If A.J. grounds out to the first or second baseman again I'm am going to...........well something.

QUOTE (since56 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
How much longer until Morel and Beckham are starting at Charlotte? Vizquel and Teahen should play more. Pierre and Vizquel should bat one two.

I wish it wasn't this way but I have seen about enough of Beckham and Morel is not MLB ready yet if ever.

If A.J. grounds out to the first or second baseman again I'm am going to...........well something.

We should rename our Soxtalk site "Frustration Alley" :lolhitting