2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2011 -> 07:56 AM)
I've got no problem with Vizquel playing. Every time he's in there he makes things happen.

He made a loss happen yesterday by missing signs and not covering second on that bunt in the 6th.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought this was disproven?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/04/2012...medium=facebook

Mark Buehrle is scheduled to become a free agent after the 2011 season and although he doesn't have a traditional option in his contract, he gets an extra year at $15MM tacked onto his current deal if he's traded at some point this season.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 6, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
I don't know much about Barons 2b Tyler Kuhn but he seems to be having a decent season so far. Is he a legit prospect?

Kuhn can hit, but he's a marginal prospect at best. Scouting report on him is that he can play a number of positions marginally at best, but none well. And he's got no power, and no speed to speak of. Basically he is, at best, a good contact hitter. Ceiling is a Lillibridge replacement.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 6, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
Kuhn can hit, but he's a marginal prospect at best. Scouting report on him is that he can play a number of positions marginally at best, but none well.

This comment is marginal at best.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 6, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)
Kuhn can hit, but he's a marginal prospect at best. Scouting report on him is that he can play a number of positions marginally at best, but none well. And he's got no power, and no speed to speak of. Basically he is, at best, a good contact hitter. Ceiling is a Lillibridge replacement.

Thanks

Kuhn has good speed. He stole 26 bases in 2009. He would've stole more in 2010 had Ever Magallanes been more aggressive with runners on base. He already has 6 steals this year. I'm sure he Tweets less and doesn't play as much Halo as Lillibridge. Retherford is a bad comparison also, his only tool was solid contact. I doubt Kuhn would wilt in the limelight like Retherford did.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 7, 2011 -> 12:42 AM)
Is this a bad time to remind people that I thought Justin Smoak would've been a better draft choice than Beckham?

Did you remind people when Smoak was a strikeout machine getting sent back to the minors? I believe in Beckham. There will be a lot of people eating their words in a month or so.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2011 -> 07:07 AM)
Did you remind people when Smoak was a strikeout machine getting sent back to the minors? I believe in Beckham. There will be a lot of people eating their words in a month or so.

I'd prefer the player who struggled at first, then succeeded. Beckham has so far succeeded at first, then has struggled since 2009. With streaks here an there.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 7, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)
I'd prefer the player who struggled at first, then succeeded. Beckham has so far succeeded at first, then has struggled since 2009. With streaks here an there.

Actually, Beckham has struggled, succeeded, struggled, succeeded, struggled. Its really amazing how many people have given up on him. You will all be eating crow.

In this 22 game stretch the Sox have been on they have scored ONE first inning run (Niemann game). Currently on a 14 game streak without a run in the first inning.

The Sox have scored THREE second inning runs (all in one game vs. Baltimore...a 10-4 loss). So 21 of 22 games they have scored zero in the second.

The Sox have scored SEVEN runs in the third inning (4 in the Niemann game). Unbelievably, that is ELEVEN runs in 66 innings played over the first three innings of our last 22 ballgames. Pathetic offense. Just pathetic.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2011 -> 02:45 PM)
Wow, those are scary stats. Just go with this lineup from now on:

Rios, Dunn, Quentin, Konerko, Ramirez, Beckham, AJP, Viciedo (3b), Pierre

Rios is our best base runner anyways now

Sad thing is, that still worsens the OBP at the top of the order.

and oh yeah...

STOP F****ING MOVING DV AROUND!