2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 31, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
Some of the comments about our players truly amaze me. Buerhle is probably the one guy you want out there with the last game of the season meaning a pennant or not. Balta is right on with this comment

Not me. I'd take Edwin Jackson in a big game right now over Buehrle.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 31, 2011 -> 12:59 PM)
Ugh, no way. Jackson is way too inconsistent with his control to trust in a one game situation.

yeah ide rather have Buehrle and his mighty 84 MPH fastball on the hill.. hes a soft tossing lefty, ide rather have Edwin Jackson going in a big game over MB every time..

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 31, 2011 -> 10:30 AM)
I consider the best arms to be the ones that give me the best results. To say Mark Buehrle is our worst starter completely ignores production and statistics. Buehrle has a 3.91 era and a 1.37 WHIP vs Edwin Jackson's 4.63 and 1.56 respectively, or John Danks' 5.25 and 1.51.

Your post could not be more inaccurate.

Maybe to you, I think what I said is pretty accurate..

QUOTE (T R U @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
Its getting close to time to make a decision..

Trade Jackson. I'm sure Kenny is trying, as Cooper and the staff are not a fan of him at all anymore. He's fallen out of favor fast and once you're out with these guys, you're out.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 31, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
yeah ide rather have Buehrle and his mighty 84 MPH fastball on the hill.. hes a soft tossing lefty, ide rather have Edwin Jackson going in a big game over MB every time..

Makes sense. I mean Edwin Jackson has produced much better results than what Mark has ever or continues to do.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
Bet you never thought you'd say that in March.

Never in a million years :lolhitting

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:55 PM)
I think I would lean towards Peavy as he is the best pitcher when healthy, but in 3 career postseason/game 163 appearances, he has sucked.

Ah, yes. I forgot about that stuff. I remember looking into that when the Sox were first rumored to be landing him.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 31, 2011 -> 07:27 AM)
Its not absurd, and Danks isn't losing 20 games anyway so that's irrelevant.. Your best arms should be the ones you're counting on to give you the most innings and Buehrle is by far the worst arm in the rotation..

Come on Rowand, its not even a full run difference how can you consider that pretty big? And anyways, im not saying that I want Buehrle to go to the pen, I am saying that IF they even eventually do that I would prefer that it be Mark who goes..

Mark may be the worst arm in the rotation; he's the best f***ing pitcher in the rotation.

How can anybody on this board prefer Edwin Jackson to Mark?

Edwin Jackson is an underachieving joke.

If Danks keeps pitching like last outing, he'll lose 20 easy.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 03:51 AM)
If the Sox sweep the Sawx it would be a 5-5 road trip which very respectable all things considered. Even if they just win the series, 4-6 on this brutal stretch is fine.

I don't think 4-6 is fine. If you want to win the division, a .500 road trip is acceptable anything under .500 is not good.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 05:18 AM)
what do you do with Teahen?

Ugg. I forgot about him. Get rid of him or make him strictly a lefthanded pinch hitter.

Strictly.

We need Tank. We don't want Teahen.

Who we face on the home stand:

Tigers- Oliver, Verlander, Penny

Mariners- Pineda, Hernandez, Vargas

A's- Cahill, Gonzalez, Anderson, Outman

Sign me up for 6-4 now, I'll take it.

5 lefties, plus Verlander, Pineda, Felix, and Cahill...good luck, Dunner.

Edited by flavum