2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)
I'm callin' BS here. It's so "Anti-Kenny". Personally I hope he does...but it seems to me it's more of a threat of taking away your kids toys.

There's no point in doing so this late in the season when the team is actually in the race. This would be worse than the White Flag because of all the money they committed to this roster. They may as well play it out.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 11:57 PM)
There's no point in doing so this late in the season when the team is actually in the race. This would be worse than the White Flag because of all the money they committed to this roster. They may as well play it out.

Yep, I agree here.

Adam Dunn is fun bad.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 01:18 AM)
I'm not adverse to Kenny's on the fly rebuilding.

He did it in '04 and in '07, albeit in the offseason, but both those we're good rebuilds.

The 07 rebuild started right around now, when guys like Iguchi were moved to start saving money and Dye and Buehrle were extended.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 01:47 PM)
Does anyone know of an app for the Droid that I can listen to the game? I have an mlb.tv account but I don't want to spend the additional $10 to be able to use that on my phone (I don't really need the video, just the radio feed as I want it for when I'm driving). Any input?

As far as I know, the only way to get access to games over a phone is the full MLB At Bat version with audio, the $10 like you said.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 01:47 PM)
Does anyone know of an app for the Droid that I can listen to the game? I have an mlb.tv account but I don't want to spend the additional $10 to be able to use that on my phone (I don't really need the video, just the radio feed as I want it for when I'm driving). Any input?

Just buy the app. It's $10. It's one million percent worth it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
Is the app good from year to year, or do you have to pay again?

It's called At Bat '11 so i'm guessing I'll need a new one next year. But for someone like myself who always pays for MLB.tv, paying an additional $10 to be able to watch and listen to any game I want for an entire season on my cell phone is a no brainer.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 01:11 PM)
It's called At Bat '11 so i'm guessing I'll need a new one next year. But for someone like myself who always pays for MLB.tv, paying an additional $10 to be able to watch and listen to any game I want for an entire season on my cell phone is a no brainer.

Plus it looks like you can get the radio feed even if you don't pay for the full MLB.tv regular package.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 04:49 PM)
Willie, they're talking about next saturday. Next saturday's starter should be Jackson but it is listed as TBA.

s*** I'm out of it :lolhitting I thought people were referring to Floyd pitching Friday.

EDIT- In my defense it was said in another thread that Jackson was "missing his Friday start" which would have been Floyd's all along

Edited by WHarris1