2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me explain to the idiots out there, the geniuses,’’ Guillen said. “They say I don’t bench Rios, but the only player I benched because he didn’t hustle, it was Rios, for two days, OK?

“Tell these people out there, they think they know baseball more than I do, then send me the lineup that was better without Rios in [it]. Is Rios not playing well? Of course he’s not. He’s brutal everywhere.’’

But he was still Guillen’s best option in center field on the days he played, Guillen said.

Pointing out that he has benched Rios for not hustling, Guillen also strongly objected to the notion that he favors Latino players.

“You know how many Latino players I got rid of here?’’ he said.

“A lot” was the answer.

“Thank you, OK!’’ Guillen said. ‘‘Every time the people talk about it . . . it’s a bunch of crap."

I hope he's not counting the likes of Luis Terrero and Jhonny Nunez.

Let's see, did he get rid of Uribe? I guess.

Was that a mistake, probably. Is Ozzie the GM now too, apparently.

Cabrera?

Yes. Smart move? Money-wise, but O-Cab has won almost everywhere he's gone and we haven't the last three seasons.

Freddy Garcia? Colon?

I guess...but there were lots of other extenuating circumstances involved.

Contreras, I don't think you could say Ozzie "got rid" of him.

Just off the top of my head. I'm sure there a lot of more examples that posters will recall.

Magglio Ordonez and C-Lee?

Yeah, Ozzie "got rid" of them, lol.

Jose Valentin, too.

Luis Vizcaino?

Ozuna?

El Duque?

Javy, well....you forced the hand of KW on that one and we've gotten back a utility player and a catcher who can't hit or catch very well.

Edited by caulfield12

“Let me explain to the idiots out there, the geniuses,’’ Guillen said. “They say I don’t bench Rios, but the only player I benched because he didn’t hustle, it was Rios, for two days, OK?

That'll teach him!!!

“Tell these people out there, they think they know baseball more than I do, then send me the lineup that was better without Rios in [it].

Soxtalk could have fun with this one.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 07:55 AM)
Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

From Elias: NYY became third team in modern history to complete four-game sweep without allowing a walk. Others: '68 BOS, '05 Boston (AL).

Yea but that was while facing control wizards such as Burnett, Nova, and Hughes. It's not our fault and it has nothing to do with our approach at the plate or our hitting coach. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap...

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 07:16 AM)
Yea but that was while facing control wizards such as Burnett, Nova, and Hughes. It's not our fault and it has nothing to do with our approach at the plate or our hitting coach. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap...

This management staff makes me angry. Utter incompetence.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 06:05 AM)
That'll teach him!!!

Soxtalk could have fun with this one.

I can't decide what part of that quote is better: that he benched Rios for TWO GAMES or that on this team of abominations, Rios is the only guy he's benched for lack of hustle.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 06:55 AM)
Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

From Elias: NYY became third team in modern history to complete four-game sweep without allowing a walk. Others: '68 BOS, '05 Boston (AL).

This team has given up. That statistic is brutal. I'd rather pull my pubes out one by one than watch any more White Sox f***ing baseball. I can't wait for a truly empty stadium to be featured and laughed at on Sportscenter in f***ing September.

I feel bad for Paul Konerko and Mark Buehrle. F*ck everyone else, but those two are class acts and shouldn't be stuck with the rest of these bums.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 11:31 AM)
I can't decide what part of that quote is better: that he benched Rios for TWO GAMES or that on this team of abominations, Rios is the only guy he's benched for lack of hustle.

I think Lillibridge got benched for that too.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 10:04 AM)

"Having Dunn as your designated hitter is like having Billy Joel as your designated driver." Ouch.

Edited by Big Hurtin

http://thebeanball.wordpress.com/2011/08/0...-michael-morse/

Lillibridge the next Michael Morse?

I think not. If they do plan to go into next season with Lillibridge/DeAza, Viciedo and Rios as the new outfield...well, I don't know what to say. But 2012 would suck.

At least the better the stats that Quentin ends up with, the easier it will be for KW to deal him....IF IF IF he can stay healthy the final 2 months of the season.

Edited by caulfield12