2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 10:05 AM)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Tell me it ain't so Joe :gosox1:

I'm assuming it's official. I looked at the playoff column in the ESPN.com standings and the Sox are now at 0.0. Cleveland is at 0.1.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 10:07 AM)
I'm assuming it's official. I looked at the playoff column in the ESPN.com standings and the Sox are now at 0.0. Cleveland is at 0.1.

not quite yet....

ESPNChiSox Doug Padilla

The 3 1/2-hour shutout is complete. Tigers 5-0. Detroit magic number is 4. White Sox's tragic number is 3.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 10:09 AM)
Not yet. Detroit's magic number is three. They should be officially eliminated before the week is up.

But we have one more loss than Cleveland. I think we're out.

EDIT: Never mind

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)
They can keep the pressure on by wining tonight! It's definitely a must win now.

As long as the Tigers win two games the rest of the season, the Sox will have to win out. Seems possible.

If the Tigers win just one game, the Sox only have to go 14-1 to take this thing. That's merely a .933 winning percentage, which I think we can pull off since he have yet to hit our real hot streak this season. Take a look at the Tigers' remaining schedule. It's no cakewalk and they're sure to fall apart as they're so prone to do (that one time in 2006). Our destiny is in our own hands.

I think as long as we show nothing but support and really get the positive mojo flowing, there's just about nothing that can stop us.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 10:20 AM)
As long as the Tigers win two games the rest of the season, the Sox will have to win out. Seems possible.

If the Tigers win just one game, the Sox only have to go 14-1 to take this thing. That's merely a .933 winning percentage, which I think we can pull off since he have yet to hit our real hot streak this season. Take a look at the Tigers' remaining schedule. It's no cakewalk and they're sure to fall apart as they're so prone to do (that one time in 2006). Our destiny is in our own hands.

I think as long as we show nothing but support and really get the positive mojo flowing, there's just about nothing that can stop us.

:notworthy

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 10:20 AM)

Lol@2006. They only got to the World Series that year. I'll take that collapse.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)
Lol@2006. They only got to the World Series that year. I'll take that collapse.

No, I know. But they choked away the division lead that season, which showed that they have a clear history of doing that. It's just as evident as when the Sox did it in 2003, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010, and almost in 2005 and 2008.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 10:47 AM)
ChuckGarfien Chuck Garfien

Justin Verlander is 1st Tiger to beat White Sox 5 times in one season since Roxie Lawson in 1937. (Elias)

I can't believe any of the Twins pitchers from the past 10 years haven't done it at least once.

I would've thought Mays or Santana had done it.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)
I can't believe any of the Twins pitchers from the past 10 years haven't done it at least once.

I would've thought Mays or Santana had done it.

First Tiger.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 11:17 AM)
ChuckGarfien Chuck Garfien

According to @CSNCoop, Justin Verlander hit 101mph on radar gun 6 times last night. 5 were to Gordon Beckham.

Haha, apparently the book is out that Beckham can't hit a fastball and Verlander just went to an extreme with it.

Leyland keeps out-managing Guillen.

Today, Guillen helped him.

Pierre gets a hit. He rarely gets extra base hits, this is well-known.

Ozzie has Ramirez batting second. Ramirez honestly, is no good at bunts and has maybe 6 in the year.

If Ramirez succeeds in not popping out into a double play, Pierre goes to 2nd.

Paulie's next with first base open. Congrats! You just took the bat out of the hands of your best hitter!

Then Rios or A.J. bat cleanup (12 hrs between them) and ground into a DP. Killing a rally.

Is it so hard to bat Viciedo or Quentin 3rd and Paulie 4th to avoid intentional walks?

Is it so hard to allow Pierre to actually steal 2nd and not give up an out right away?

Perhaps use the #2 guy to bunt Pierre to 3rd?

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 06:45 PM)
Leyland keeps out-managing Guillen.

Today, Guillen helped him.

Pierre gets a hit. He rarely gets extra base hits, this is well-known.

Ozzie has Ramirez batting second. Ramirez honestly, is no good at bunts and has maybe 6 in the year.

If Ramirez succeeds in not popping out into a double play, Pierre goes to 2nd.

Paulie's next with first base open. Congrats! You just took the bat out of the hands of your best hitter!

Then Rios or A.J. bat cleanup (12 hrs between them) and ground into a DP. Killing a rally.

Is it so hard to bat Viciedo or Quentin 3rd and Paulie 4th to avoid intentional walks?

Is it so hard to allow Pierre to actually steal 2nd and not give up an out right away?

Perhaps use the #2 guy to bunt Pierre to 3rd?

He makes the f***ing lineups!