2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 06:06 PM)
Exactly. Chances are Ozzie will be a far better manager than whomever replaces him. I think it's too late however, for Oz or KW to save their jobs. They both will go or it will look like Jerry is favoring one over the other.

Doubtful. Of course it depends on who replaces him (if he's even replaced), but there are better candidates out there.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 06:06 PM)
Exactly. Chances are Ozzie will be a far better manager than whomever replaces him. I think it's too late however, for Oz or KW to save their jobs. They both will go or it will look like Jerry is favoring one over the other.

If Cito Gaston is his replacement, then I would agree. There's only a few managers in baseball that are worse than Ozzie at game tactics.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 10:24 AM)
What's the deal with Quentin? When is he due back?

I can't explain it because he made the all-star game, and he's been a road warrior...but I really don't care if I ever see Q in a Sox uniform again.

Viciedo is the future, and I'm happy to see him playing.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 10:29 AM)
I can't explain it because he made the all-star game, and he's been a road warrior...but I really don't care if I ever see Q in a Sox uniform again.

The only reason I care is perhaps Rios will be benched in favor of Carlos.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 10:32 AM)
MDGonzales Mark Gonzales

Light swings for Quentin, still unsure of returning Monday

I would love to have a good Q back in the lineup instead of Rios...but we all know Rios will be playing over De Aza.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
The sad thing is, the Sox had a respectable 16-12 August after starting 0-4.

That 11-22 start just won't go away.

I think the biggest myth bought by managers and players is "there's plenty of baseball left".

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:35 PM)
I think the biggest myth bought by managers and players is "there's plenty of baseball left".

We'll never know, but I'd like to know what the Sox record would be right now if Ozzie let Buehrle finish the shutout on April 11th vs Oakland.

Thornton comes in again after being bad, and then Pierre drops the ball on the warning track.

Sox hitting goes into a tailspin, and they go 5-18 the next 23.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)

I get tired of these posts where fans for some inexplicable reason don't want good players like Quentin on their team any more.

How bout an outfield of Tank, DeAza and CQ next year. That would not be bad.

I know Dayan is good but why do people always tire of guys on the current roster? It again is the backup quarterback syndrome. Rios is the dog that should go away; CQ should stay!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
I get tired of these posts where fans for some inexplicable reason don't want good players like Quentin on their team any more.

I know Dayan is good but why do people always tire of guys on the current roster? It again is the backup quarterback syndrome. Rios is the dog that should go away; CQ should stay!

Because certain people actually understand how payroll and contracts work?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:54 PM)
They talked about the Sox on PTI just now, and Wilbon honestly thinks the Sox will win the divison, and he also gave a shoutout to all the young players who are performing, and started to talk about Viciedo, but it went to commercial and he got cut off.

Like his opinion on anything matters.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:52 PM)

While I'll give props for his production, I tend to not like grumpy players. I'm not saying he's bad in the clubhouse since I'm not there. But i find it hard to believe he's helping the situation when it comes to team chemistry.

And yeah, Rios has three years left on his contract.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 05:59 PM)
While I'll give props for his production, I tend to not like grumpy players. I'm not saying he's bad in the clubhouse since I'm not there. But i find it hard to believe he's helping the situation when it comes to team chemistry.

The clubhouse walls were hurt a bit today, if that counts.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)

And yeah, Rios has three years left on his contract.

I'm trying to figure out where it started that CQ was a clubhouse cancer.