2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
Because the big lug should not be seeing the field any more.

Please Ozzie go to Florida.

I so badly want to see the new manager get fried for decisions like playing Adam Dunn who makes more money than the entire budget of many countries.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
Please Ozzie go to Florida.

I so badly want to see the new manager get fried for decisions like playing Adam Dunn who makes more money than the entire budget of many countries.

Many countries? There is no country in the world with a total $12 million government spending. Smallest I could find are in the range of $60-100 million.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)
Many countries? There is no country in the world with a total $12 million government spending. Smallest I could find are in the range of $60-100 million.

Then I'm wrong. I've been wrong before.

This new Sox trend of blaming the manager not the player, though, is boring and troubling.

I guess the Cubs blame their manager for years now for playing Soriano and not just benching him. And all the fans of players who suck blame the manager for playing them.

I'd prefer to blame the fat ass player.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 03:03 PM)

This new Sox trend of blaming the manager not the player, though, is boring and troubling.

I guess the Cubs blame their manager for years now for playing Soriano and not just benching him. And all the fans of players who suck blame the manager for playing them.

I think Cub fans were furious that Colvin was sitting on the bench and Fukudome and Soriano were playing the whole year last year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)

This is so ironic.

Remember Bobby Jenks last season? :lolhitting

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)
This is so ironic.

When I was standing up for Jenks he still was earning a lot of saves. In fact, didn't he blow a similar amount to Sergio? And I like Sergio. And Matt? He was really good as closer this year. I said last year I was in favor of closer by committee with Jenks struggling some. Jenks was nowhere near as bad as Done.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
This is so ironic.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
When I was standing up for Jenks he still was earning a lot of saves. In fact, didn't he blow a similar amount to Sergio? And I like Sergio. And Matt? He was really good as closer this year. I said last year I was in favor of closer by committee with Jenks struggling some. Jenks was nowhere near as bad as Done.

Yeah, but this year, Bobby has fallen off almost to Dunn's level.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)

My head hurts.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 12:14 PM)
Everyone clamouring for rebuilding and saying they would go to a ton of Sox games if the tickets were cheaper, your time is now. The games are meaningless, the younger players (even though most aren't that young) are playing, and tickets can be had on stubhub for $5. Step up to the plate.

This isn't a rebuild, though. No games until Ozzie is gone. To go out and support them blindly this month might convince management to keep him. I will not purchase a single ticket until he's off the team. If given an extension, I won't even watch on TV.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)
My head hurts.

So does mine.

Sergio has blown five saves hasn't he? He's 29 in 34 opportunities. Bobby was 27 saves with four blown last year. Remember that stretch last year when even as fatter Bobby, he was on a roll? Oh yes, people will tell me Bobby also sucked in games he lost or whatever. Matt Thornton really did a nice job in the role this year as well (sarcasm).

I'm not ripping on Sergio, I like him a lot, but the man has blown a few games as most all closers do.

Bobby is NOT the devil. Why would your head hurt when I point out those stats?? Some people act like Bobby never was productive in a White Sox uniform. Ever? Now somebody is going to respond and say 27 saves last year were totally worthless or misleading or something. I don't get it. Yes he's fat like Dunn. His production even last year, his worst in a long time, was 50 times better than equally fat Dunn's performance this year.

BTW, Juan is up to .286. For non Sabes people, he's putting together a nice average.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
So does mine.

Sergio has blown five saves hasn't he? He's 29 in 34 opportunities. Bobby was 27 saves with four blown last year. Remember that stretch last year when even as fatter Bobby, he was on a roll? Oh yes, people will tell me Bobby also sucked in games he lost or whatever. Matt Thornton really did a nice job in the role this year as well.

I'm not ripping on Sergio, I like him a lot, but the man has blown a few games as most all closers do.

Bobby is NOT the devil. Why would your head hurt when I point out those stats?? Some people act like Bobby never was productive in a White Sox uniform. Ever? Now somebody is going to respond and say 27 saves last year were totally worthless or misleading or something. I don't get it. Yes he's fat like Dunn. His production even last year, his worst in a long time, was 50 times better than equally fat Dunn.

BTW, Juan is up to .286. For non Sabes people, he's putting together a nice average.

So who is a better pitcher, the 4.44 ERA pitcher who has crazy run support and somehow gets 17 wins, or Zach Grienke on the Royals with a 2 ERA and 13 wins. I mean it must be the mythical pitcher with the 4.44 ERA. Because he won 4 more games right, Zach Grienke must not know how to win.

This is what happens when you take a single stat instead of using more stats to add dimension.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 07:57 PM)
So does mine.

Sergio has blown five saves hasn't he? He's 29 in 34 opportunities. Bobby was 27 saves with four blown last year. Remember that stretch last year when even as fatter Bobby, he was on a roll? Oh yes, people will tell me Bobby also sucked in games he lost or whatever. Matt Thornton really did a nice job in the role this year as well (sarcasm).

It's not about how many blown saves you have, it's about your overall season.

Bobby had 54 hits in 52 innings and an ERA of 4.4 with a WHIP of 1.40 in '10.

Sergio has 33 hits in 58 innings and an ERA of 3.1 with a WHIP of 1.02 this year.

Also, guess who has 5 blown saves this year? Mariano Rivera.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)

No, it's not that. It's the fact you got all offended when people made Bobby Jenks fat jokes last year. Now you're doing the same to Dunn.

Oh the irony.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 03:17 AM)
No, it's not that. It's the fact you got all offended when people made Bobby Jenks fat jokes last year. Now you're doing the same to Dunn.

Oh the irony.

Good point.

I'm going to try to never again refer to Dunn's weight. I shouldn't stoop to that level.

I hope I get called on it again harshly if I do so.

You can still hit home runs when you have girth.

I hope he turns it around because it's going to suck watching him whiff, whiff whiff for 3 more years.

Edited by greg775

This isn't a rebuild, though. No games until Ozzie is gone. To go out and support them blindly this month might convince management to keep him. I will not purchase a single ticket until he's off the team. If given an extension, I won't even watch on TV.

We won't miss a fare weather fan like yourself.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 09:57 PM)
Good point.

I'm going to try to never again refer to Dunn's weight. I shouldn't stoop to that level.

I hope I get called on it again harshly if I do so.

You can still hit home runs when you have girth.

I hope he turns it around because it's going to suck watching him whiff, whiff whiff for 3 more years.

He's also 6'6, so while still fat, he doesn't look nearly as big as Bobby or C.C. or Broxton.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 04:37 AM)
He's also 6'6, so while still fat, he doesn't look nearly as big as Bobby or C.C. or Broxton.

That is true. He doesn't look like Babe Ruth with any gut.

He really should consult with some hitting coach he respects to tell him the truth of what he needs to do to regain his home run touch.

I'm assuming he's not too big on Walker. Somebody out there should be able to give him the tough love instruction this winter on how to adjust to the AL and the aging process.

It's not good when Lilly looks like a much better power hitter than him.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)
We won't miss a fare weather fan like yourself.

This right here is just downright laughable. Milkman and I have had a ton of disagreements in our times on this board but he's been here for at least 6 or 7 years now, that's through good seasons and bad, to call him a fair weather fan, especially when you've been here for a whole week is f***in ludicrous.