2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (YASNY @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 03:17 PM)
To be honest, I didn't even think beyond the organization because of JR's loyalty factor. I agree that Cora wouldn't be a philosophy change, but he's not nearly as gregarious as Ozzie, which at this point might be a plus. But, for the philosophy reason, I looked for someone else. Hence, Bell.

The question is, if the Sox tank for the next few months, does JR get fed up and want a fresh start and want some new blood in?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 11:22 PM)
Catch all item:

Who puts the little funny comment under our names.

Mine is ad nauseum which is starting to make me nauseous.

Can't I change it to Rock Star or something?

:lol:

Come on greg.

You need to change it.

To something

That isn't as cliche as

Rock star.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 07:59 AM)
Not even close.

At least Rock Star or something is kind of funny.

Some choices

Bob Jenks Lover

Ozzie Apologist

Rongey Fan Club

Wrigley Smells

Jon Garland Lover

Joe Crede Fan Club

Don Kessenger was Once Our Player/Manager

QUOTE (since56 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 08:51 AM)
Putz and Jenks don't look so bad now.

We went hard after Putz. He chased the money and a place that was closer to home. We were never going to get him. i don't think this is a legitimate point to harp on. And Jenks.... Jenks just sucks.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 09:56 AM)
We went hard after Putz. He chased the money and a place that was closer to home. We were never going to get him. i don't think this is a legitimate point to harp on. And Jenks.... Jenks just sucks.

I'd like to have Pootz back but no no no way for Bobby Jenks. He wore out his welcome here.

People on this board would have gone ape s*** on K. Williams for bringing back Jenks the minute he blew a save here.

I'm not worried about the bullpen situation - yet. Hopefully they'll get it figured out. I just don't know if it'll be Thornton.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 09:56 AM)

With his injury history, I don't think there were many in favor of giving him a multi-year deal IIRC. It feels like revisionist history for both Putz and Jenks.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)
Cheaper to buy tix on stubhub or just wait and scalp at the game? Looking to go April 30th and don't want to sit in the upper deck. Bleachers will probably be fine as Ill likely be very drunk. Thanks in advance.

The cheapest thing is if you can find a discount code for TicketBastard. The next cheapest is to wait until the last day on Stubhub.