2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 17, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
Detroit has to be the favorites right now. I still just don't buy into Cleveland being this legit.

I want to believe this too, but don't tell the Tribe they aren't legit. They pasted the Royals 19-1 and I see Grady Sizemore is back on the DL

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there's no point in arguing with him.. if you don't agree that Cleveland is the best team in baseball and the White Sox are the worst team to ever play the game then you are just a blind optimist who thinks the Sox are going to the World Series

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2011 -> 08:21 AM)
Detroit has a better chance than Cleveland. There I said it.

Yep, I've been saying that for weeks ;)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2011 -> 08:13 AM)
Not sure if you're being fictitious or not, but I think they're the best team in the division. They certainly have the two best pitchers and best position player in the division.

This guy's a myth.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 17, 2011 -> 12:46 PM)
there's no point in arguing with him.. if you don't agree that Cleveland is the best team in baseball and the White Sox are the worst team to ever play the game then you are just a blind optimist who thinks the Sox are going to the World Series

Oh come on, at some point you'll have to start taking them seriously. Well you should, but you won't :lolhitting

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2011 -> 10:47 AM)
I'll bet it is all of the booing and empty seats.

That was a pretty great thread, haha.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 17, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
Oh come on, at some point you'll have to start taking them seriously. Well you should, but you won't :lolhitting

I don't need to take them seriously because they arent going to be there at the end of the year.. that team isn't good enough they are off to a hot start, that's all..

QUOTE (T R U @ May 17, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)
I don't need to take them seriously because they arent going to be there at the end of the year.. that team isn't good enough they are off to a hot start, that's all..

But if they are there at the end of the year, I still don't think you'll admit that they should be taken seriously.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (flavum @ May 18, 2011 -> 08:41 AM)
There have been 30 rainouts this season, and there only two teams that haven't been a home or away team for any of them:

The Angels and White Sox.

We have been really lucky in that aspect. Let's hope it pays off when teams like Cleveland have to make up all of these games.

7. Speed is more important than it has been in years.

With scoring down, teams are placing more of an emphasis on stealing bases, manufacturing runs and gaining that extra base. Stolen bases are averaging .68 per team per game, the highest since the same total in 1999. From Baseball Prospectus, the top five baserunning teams (incorporating steals and advancement on base hits, etc.).

1. Nationals, +9.5 runs

2. Mets, +7.7 runs

3. Dodgers, +5.7 runs

4. Blue Jays, +5.5 runs

5. Giants, +5.4 runs

The bottom five:

30. Braves, -9.5 runs

29. Cardinals, -6.7 runs

28. Marlins, -5.0 runs

27. White Sox, -4.7 runs

26. Rockies, -4.1 runs

With more close games, every little edge counts. Pay attention to how your team runs the bases.

We're not the worst!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
God I love Baseball Prospectus. I've been looking for a stat like that. Too bad you have to pay for their s***. Yup, the baserunning has been every bit as bad as I/we thought.

Really, you didn't think we'd be the worst by far? I'm stunned. The Braves must get to first base and down like 4 shots of whiskey to celebrate.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
Really, you didn't think we'd be the worst by far? I'm stunned. The Braves must get to first base and down like 4 shots of whiskey to celebrate.

Well it's not like I watch all 29 other teams. I watch a lot of non-Sox baseball. But c'mon now. I just like having statistics agree with my eyes. Makes me feel better.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
Well it's not like I watch all 29 other teams. I watch a lot of non-Sox baseball. But c'mon now. I just like having statistics agree with my eyes. Makes me feel better.

I find it amazing to believe that the Braves have been 5 runs worse than us on the basepaths. That's got to be what, 15 extra outs on the basepaths?

Following the recent 6-3 West Coast road trip, White Sox general manager Ken Williams seems to have gained a better understanding of his underachieving team.

It's just not quite clear whether Williams will wait to see if things change or if it's time to make a change.

"I got a read on a few things," said Williams, sitting in the White Sox dugout prior to Wednesday's series opener with the American League Central-leading Indians. "It's best I don't say anything right now."

Williams was asked directly about the bounce-back ability possessed by Juan Pierre, the hard-working veteran leadoff man, who has struggled in almost every facet of the game. Pierre entered Wednesday with a .198 average (20-for-101) in his last 27 contests, not to mention six errors in left field and just six stolen bases in 14 attempts.

There even was mention of a more power-packed outfield, which possibly could feature Carlos Quentin, Alex Rios and Dayan Viciedo. Once again, Williams deferred his thoughts on any matter to a later date, "probably about June 1," to be specific, when the White Sox complete their third three-city road trip since April 18. That excursion takes them to Texas, Toronto and Boston, covering 10 games.

"When I'm ready to speak on it, I'll speak on it," Williams said. "I got a few things on my mind."

Link