2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 20, 2011 -> 07:35 PM)
Where oh where have you gone, Gordon Beckham... come July or so he'll finally show up too little too late. Like Alexei Ramirez's first few starts with us except for like 80 games.

Minutes later, Beckham hits a 2-Run HR.

White Sox right fielder Carlos Quentin was scratched from the starting lineup minutes before the start of Saturday's game due to a bruised left knee.

- White Sox third baseman Mark Teahen is progressing well in his recovery from the strained right oblique muscle that landed him on the disabled list on Tuesday.

With the DL move retroactive to May 12, he's eligible to return on Friday and is hopeful to be back by Memorial Day weekend.

"I'm definitely shooting for that," Teahen said. "It all depends on how it responds when I start doing some stuff. But that's definitely the goal to come off as soon as possible."

Teahen has yet to test the oblique by swinging a bat but hopes to do so in the next couple days.

In Teahen's absence, veteran Omar Vizquel has hit .437 while receiving the majority of the starts at third base.

Link

Adam Dunn doesn't have a hit all season against lefties.

That truly is a stat of all stats.

Adam, please get hot against righties and, uh, change your approach against lefties and try to merely hit the ball to the left side against the shift.

You are embarrassing right now, sir.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 19, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
I don't know, I got the impression that he was indeed talking about Pierre. If Juan continues to struggle, he may get benched or released.

Morel is probably on the hot seat too though, and I'd have to think T-Pain as well.

I have to believe it is meant as a warning to players who may not appear to be trying or giving it their all. Pierre is probably the hardest working guy on the team, Beckham is now showing signs of coming around with the bat and the glove has been perfect and Danks with zero wins is trying hard. I would think Pena, Rios and Jackson are the ones as they seem to be head cases all the time when struggling. I would be interested in seeing what might happen in the potential trade area considering we have a pitcher or two costing money, or who will cost money soon, and the Yankees need pitching. That coupled with the emergence of Humber means we could pick up some good young talent in a traade.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 22, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)
Is anyone else positive we're going to come back and get in 1st at some point this season only to blow it in September?

Not positive. There's no margin for error with the way Cleveland is playing.

This road trip is a killer on paper.

Once again, if circumstances happen where we have a crap trip and Cleveland has a good nine games we could be 14 out in the loss column and you don't come back from that.

Ozzie on Dunn:

"When I bench him, I'm going to bench him for a day off, not because I'm punishing him," Guillen said. "What can I do? This guy is very important in our lineup. We're just waiting for him to hit, and the only way he's going to hit is to play him."
Link

Quentin supposed to be back in tomorrow's lineup.

Went to a wedding last night and happened to meet Scott Merkin. Picked his brain a little bit.

-I asked him about the 6-man staff. He says Edwin Jackson may be the odd man out. They may try and trade him, but would be tough considering his salary. But they may hold off entirely to see if Peavy is fully recovered.

-They may bring Buehrle back (he's not going to retire). Reinsdorf loves him, but only it's between $6-$8 mil annually.

I post more when I remember what else he said to me.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 22, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
Buehrle is going to get more than 8mil a year, so if that's really the case, he's gone.

That's the starting point in negotiations. I'm sure they only wanted to give Konerko $6-8 mill too, but caved and went to $12 per. They'll probably go to $10 with Buehrle.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 22, 2011 -> 09:02 PM)
That's the starting point in negotiations. I'm sure they only wanted to give Konerko $6-8 mill too, but caved and went to $12 per. They'll probably go to $10 with Buehrle.

I think 4/$32 would be fair.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 23, 2011 -> 03:41 AM)
Buehrle is going to get more than 8mil a year, so if that's really the case, he's gone.

Yeah, heaven forbid we'd pay him what he's worth on the market when we overpay Dunn and Rios.

White Sox Stolen Bases: 20

White Sox Caught Stealing: 23

Opponents Stolen Bases: 41

Opponents Caught Stealing: 6

That deserves a hardy LOL

Also this is funny too

White Sox: .250/.315/.384/.699

Opponents: .254/.315/.384/.699

Edited by T R U

QUOTE (T R U @ May 23, 2011 -> 02:18 AM)
White Sox Stolen Bases: 20

White Sox Caught Stealing: 23

Opponents Stolen Bases: 41

Opponents Caught Stealing: 6

That deserves a hardy LOL

Also this is funny too

White Sox: .250/.315/.384/.699

Opponents: .254/.315/.384/.699

What the f*** :lol:

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ May 22, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)
Went to a wedding last night and happened to meet Scott Merkin. Picked his brain a little bit.

-I asked him about the 6-man staff. He says Edwin Jackson may be the odd man out. They may try and trade him, but would be tough considering his salary. But they may hold off entirely to see if Peavy is fully recovered.

-They may bring Buehrle back (he's not going to retire). Reinsdorf loves him, but only it's between $6-$8 mil annually.

I post more when I remember what else he said to me.

They may actually be able to get Buehrle cheap. If anyone, I believe Mark when he tells people how much he loves it here. He did already leave a lot of money on the table once to stay in Chicago. On the open market, he probably could have doubled the dollar value of his last contract, when you added in that someone would have signed him for many more years than the four he got from Kenny.

I see Jackson as a guy that is probably giving Cooper fits at night. One day he is absolutely unhittable, the next he can't find the strike zone with google maps. I have no problem believing the Sox would deal him to get some pieces for this run, or even prospects to fill up the system.