2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can someone please give me an actual reason why Greg Walker is still our hitting coach? And spare me the "Hitting coaches have no impact" line. And if he's so important to Paulie we can keep him as Paulie's personal hitting coach, not unlike what Frank did with Walt Hriniak.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 01:57 PM)
Pretty funny listening to Boers and Bernstein rip on Peavy today relating to his request for more intensity.

Would have liked to hear that. The talk of Peavy's intensity winning ballgames is starting to rank up there with Rowand's grindiness on the annoying level.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:22 PM)
Would have liked to hear that. The talk of Peavy's intensity winning ballgames is starting to rank up there with Rowand's grindiness on the annoying level.

Sort of true.

I will say I kind of like Peavy's intensity, though that article where he called for more passion was just cliche-drivel.

Funny thing about Rowand. Rip him all you want but we have not replaced him. Since '05 he's still the best option we've had.

Funny thing about Rowand. Rip him all you want but we have not replaced him. Since '05 he's still the best option we've had.

When we made that trade -- Rowand for Thome -- I cringed like I do when ever Kenny does anything. Philly needed to dump Thome, because they had Ryan Howard and his minimum contract waiting in the wings. Thome had a big contract and clearly was not going to play ahead of Howard. The Philly GM needed someone to step up and do him a favor and take Thome off his hands. Kenny appears and gives up his CF in the process. What a nice guy, Kenny, to help Philly GM like that. Nothing against Thome, but we could have gotten him a lot cheaper/

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 06:18 PM)
When we made that trade -- Rowand for Thome -- I cringed like I do when ever Kenny does anything. Philly needed to dump Thome, because they had Ryan Howard and his minimum contract waiting in the wings. Thome had a big contract and clearly was not going to play ahead of Howard. The Philly GM needed someone to step up and do him a favor and take Thome off his hands. Kenny appears and gives up his CF in the process. What a nice guy, Kenny, to help Philly GM like that. Nothing against Thome, but we could have gotten him a lot cheaper/

:bang

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 06:18 PM)

Thome >>> Rowand

It's not even close. Outside of '07, Rowand has been mediocre to bad. The Young trade is the one you're thinking. KW definitely got greedy there.

All this KW hindsight s*** is getting ridiculous.

Needed a big lefty bat coming off 05. He got it. Had a solid CF prospect in the system to replace Rowand, didn't pan out. It's not like he knowingly left CF to what it ended up being. And none of this even brings up how terrible and overpaid Rowand has been since.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 06:53 PM)
Thome >>> Rowand

It's not even close. Outside of '07, Rowand has been mediocre to bad. The Young trade is the one you're thinking. KW definitely got greedy there.

There is nothing about that trade that was bad. Nothing.