Ugly's Cali BallPark Tour

Winning Ugly

Welp, my brother arrived from O'Hare on Saturday afternoon, and the first thing he did was go over a schedule he would like us to keep to be able to visit Edison, Qualcomm, Pac Bell and Chavez Ravine.

The first thing he does is bribe my "baby's momma" to take my daughter yesterday (I was supposed to have her until the evening) so was can drive from SD to Edison. I haven't been there since a Sunday night game in 2001, when the Sox (behind Ray-Ray) came back in late innings to win.

Anyways, this ballpark is still the most beautiful one I have been to. The exploding geysers in left-center field, the cleanliness of the place, and of course, the Rally Monkey. I mean, we all mock it being Sox fans and all, but it's kind of cool how they show movie clips edited with the monkey in them (Vacation, Austin Powers, etc.). Escobar was a stud in this game, pitching a 2 hitter up until the 9th. Great day, reguardless who won.

Tomorrow and Wednesday night, we are at the Toilet Bowl (not Wrigley), Qualcomm. Next year when my brother (the Cubs fan) comes, we'll have beautiful PetCo park to visit instead of this dump.

So get this. My brother has all this money he's been saving after selling his house in beautiful Plainfield and living with our sister since his divorce. So what is he doing today? He's buying us round trip tickets to San Fran on Thursday morning so we can both visit Pac Bell for the very first time. Everything's on him, which is and has been sweet since I am buying a new car at the end of the month.

I found it odd he was willing to sacrifice seeing a day game at Qualcomm with his beloved Cubs playing so he can go to Pac Bell and see the Giants take on the Pirates. Oh well, that's on him.

We are flying back to SD that evening after the game, then taking a roadie to Dodger Country to see Friday night's game (against the Cubs again....ICK!). That will make 4 ballparks in a week...not a bad itinerary.

I am now assuming I will have enough cash to see a few Sox games at Anaheim the week after he leaves.

Life is grand...