Wisconsin Thread

Cknolls

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)
Eh, I don't mind. Mistakes happen. I'm just wondering where the Republicans are complaining about voter fraud?

Now we all know this was not fraud, the votes were cast just not transmitted. Not the same thing. Even the Dems are calling no foul here.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)
Now we all know this was not fraud, the votes were cast just not transmitted. Not the same thing. Even the Dems are calling no foul here.

Which state was it where there was a bag of votes found in a Democrats's car last time out?

It not exactly true about no one calling "foul" here, it more seems like the sole Democrat didnt know it was happening until after the fact:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/waukesha/119627189.html - JS is the Conservative leaning Wisconsin paper.

"I am still very, very confused about why the canvass was finalized before I was informed of the Brookfield error, and it wasn't even until the news conference was happening that I learned it was this enormous mistake that could swing the whole election," the statement reads. "I was never shown anything that would verify Kathy's statement about the missing vote, and with how events unfolded and people citing me as an authority on this now, I feel I must speak up."

"[Kathy didn't offer an explanation about why she didn't mention anything before Thursday afternoon's canvass completion, but showed us different tapes where numbers seemed to add up, though I have no idea where the numbers were coming from. I was not told of the magnitude of this error, just that she had made one. I was then instructed that I would not say anything at the news conference, and was actually surprised when I was asked questions by reporters."

Im not saying that there is anything wrong here, but Wisconsin is still in a fact finding stage and I would not bet against a recount happening.

• 1 month later...

Link

A Wisconsin judge has struck down a law taking away nearly all collective bargaining rights from most state workers.

Dane County Circuit Judge Maryann Sumi ruled Thursday that Republican legislators violated Wisconsin's open meetings law during the run up to passage. She says that renders the law void.

The law pushed by Gov. Scott Walker takes away all bargaining rights except over base salary for teachers and other public workers.

The decision is not the end of the legal fight. The state Supreme Court has scheduled arguments for June 6 to determine whether it will take the same case.

Lawmakers could also pass the law again in order to nullify open meeting concerns that led to the judge's ruling Thursday.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 06:19 PM)
I wonder how this helps the children? Oh wait, it doesn't, it just makes a bunch of whiny ass losers feel better for a few moments to destroy school property to 'make a point'. If caught, the person should get MAXIMUM penalties, fines, jail time.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/128458763.html

Are you expecting most liberals to disagree with that? Maybe they will, maybe they won't...but I for one think it's pointless to protest at a school reading (unless there were some super ridiculous extraneous circumstances that aren't being reported here, but I doubt that).

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)
I wonder how this helps the children? Oh wait, it doesn't, it just makes a bunch of whiny ass losers feel better for a few moments to destroy school property to 'make a point'. If caught, the person should get MAXIMUM penalties, fines, jail time.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/128458763.html

Vandalism is bad.