3rd Base....NO....not Teahen!

balfanman

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2011 -> 09:12 AM)
I'm buying it. The difference between Teahen at third and Omar at third defensively was a chasm. It makes a huge difference.

The question is...how long would the team have tolerated it if Omar was hitting .180 instead of .280. Or if he was a rookie instead of a 20 year veteran. If Omar went to the wrong party...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 17, 2011 -> 08:20 AM)
The question is...how long would the team have tolerated it if Omar was hitting .180 instead of .280. Or if he was a rookie instead of a 20 year veteran. If Omar went to the wrong party...

The wrong party? Seems to me Brian Anderson went out pretty much every single night. Ozzie's been around the game for 30 years. He knows guys party. He's not going to call someone out and dislike someone based on their lifestyle if they went to the wrong party.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 17, 2011 -> 11:16 AM)
The wrong party? Seems to me Brian Anderson went out pretty much every single night. Ozzie's been around the game for 30 years. He knows guys party. He's not going to call someone out and dislike someone based on their lifestyle if they went to the wrong party.

The big difference is that someone like Omar puts in the work needed. It is one thing to not improve and bust your ass doing it. It is another to not improve and find other things to do instead of working on your game.

From Ozzie's (obviously ghost written) blog:

I feel like the lineup will be ready to go when we break camp because this team is built with guys that have been in the league for many years, except for Gordon Beckham (aka, "Bacon") and B-MO (Brent Morel). Everyone is getting their work in. I have no complaints, and when we get to Cleveland, we will be ready to go.

http://ozzie.mlblogs.com/archives/2011/03/...-right-now.html

I'm guessing Morel is the unofficial starting 3B.