Southeast Region

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are crazy if you don't think Jimmer is a pro. If he doesn't take these big shots, the team isn't in the game at all. He's more than just a shooter. He can drive to the basket and either finish or get assists. He may not be a great pro, but he's certainly a very useful pro.

Also, there's nothing worse losing a bet where you take the underdog, they go to OT and then don't cover the spread in OT. It feels wrong to lose a bet like that.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)
You guys are crazy if you don't think Jimmer is a pro. If he doesn't take these big shots, the team isn't in the game at all. He's more than just a shooter. He can drive to the basket and either finish or get assists. He may not be a great pro, but he's certainly a very useful pro.

Also, there's nothing worse losing a bet where you take the underdog, they go to OT and then don't cover the spread in OT.

I think he's a good pro, a 1/2 guard like Heinrich but a much better scorer.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 08:41 PM)
I think he's a good pro, a 1/2 guard like Heinrich but a much better scorer.

I could almost see him in a Jamal Crawfod role. If he's hot let him shoot, if not, you won't see much of him.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
I could almost see him in a Jamal Crawfod role. If he's hot let him shoot, if not, you won't see much of him.

He's stronger and penetrates better than Crawford though, I think he can be a good backup PG at times.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 06:58 PM)
You don't have to unless you're a Florida fan or something. I picked Florida to win in my pool but I'm still going for BYU.

I need the cash ha.

And ya, Jimmer gets crazy at times because he usually makes a lot of these shots to take over games and win them for his team. Not his best showing today but he'll be just fine as a pro, he can shoot, has a good handle, and he can pass, not to mention he's strong as hell and finishes EVERYTHING around the rim.

Anyways, I feel real bad for this BYU team, if Davies is healthy, that team really had a legit shot to go to not only the final four but the final game. Oh well.

EDIT: For some reason I always say "if Davies was healthy," you guys know what I mean. :lol:

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
He's stronger and penetrates better than Crawford though, I think he can be a good backup PG at times.

I'm not convinced he'll be able to get nearly as much penetration in the pros. I do think he will be a good pro though, just not sure in what role.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
I need the cash ha.

And ya, Jimmer gets crazy at times because he usually makes a lot of these shots to take over games and win them for his team. Not his best showing today but he'll be just fine as a pro, he can shoot, has a good handle, and he can pass, not to mention he's strong as hell and finishes EVERYTHING around the rim.

Anyways, I feel real bad for this BYU team, if Davies is healthy, that team really had a legit shot to go to not only the final four but the final game. Oh well.

EDIT: For some reason I always say "if Davies was healthy," you guys know what I mean. :lol:

They showed some video from BYU's game against Florida last year, and it looked Jimmer was twice as big this year. I've never seen a guy who is a shooter like he is have shoulders that big. It's amazing. He looks like he could play football at that size.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)

Even scarier, give them Davies and Tyler Haws (guard that averaged 11 a game as a freshman) back from his Morman mission. Now THAT if a Final Four team for sure.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)
Even scarier, give them Davies and Tyler Haws (guard that averaged 11 a game as a freshman) back from his Morman mission. Now THAT if a Final Four team for sure.

Wow, I COMPLETELY forgot about Haws. I've never seen a basketball team defeated so badly by their religion before. :lol:

You knew a bad shooting night was coming.

Its just a question of can the other Wisconsin players step up and take shots, they cant hesitate as leuer and taylor are both playing terrible. 9 points is only 3 possessions, there still are 25-30 left, Wisconsin left a lot of points out there on missed free throws. Just not playing well under pressure, hopefully they shake it off in the second half, but they cant let it get it higher than 12 or else that will be really difficult.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 01:23 PM)
Wisconsin is the Big Tens version of Butler. There isn't a chance that Butler wins tonight. Badgers by a dozen. Butler needs to play a team that makes mistakes and takes chances. That isn't Wisconsin at all.

Sorry Mike, but :lolhitting