East Region

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 13, 2011 -> 05:16 PM)
Seriously, how does the #1 overall seed get THAT bracket? Several teams I'd want to avoid in UNC, Syracuse and Kentucky.

It kind of sucks for Ohio State. The winner of Geroge Mason/Villanova could even give them problems.

Best region in my opinion. Took Kentucky to win it, but North Carolina is another team I really like and could see winning the region and Ohio State is obviously the #1 overall seed and starting in Cleveland so they're right there. Washington/Georgia should be a really fun opening round game.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Clemson collapses as usual. It seems as though every year Clemson has a plethora of talent on their football and basketball teams, and often has the better team on the field or court, but always finds a way to lose.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 17, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
Clemson collapses as usual. It seems as though every year Clemson has a plethora of talent on their football and basketball teams, and often has the better team on the field or court, but always finds a way to lose.

Like clockwork. I was amazed they made it into the tournament period.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
Ky getting favorable calls fueling their comeback

Maybe, but Princeton is as unathletic of a tourney team as I think I've ever seen. Kentucky should still win by double digits.

No matter how much it would have messed up my bracket, I was pulling so hard for Princeton. I love seeing Kentucky (especially Calipari) lose. Kentucky nation would have been in meltdown mode if that happened. Would have been awesome.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
That was a hell of a finish to GMU/Nova

Yeah. Nova gifted the comeback by missing the front end of 1 and 1s, but I was waiting for a serious Gus explosion if Nova sent it to OT.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
Yeah. Nova gifted the comeback by missing the front end of 1 and 1s, but I was waiting for a serious Gus explosion if Nova sent it to OT.

lol Gus always gets crazy. Kind of annoying yet funny at the same time.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 20, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)
Glad to see the officials are doing everything they can to keep Carolina in the game in the first half

And at the end of the game. Washington should have had over a second instead of half a second to tie the game.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Mar 20, 2011 -> 02:30 PM)
And at the end of the game. Washington should have had over a second instead of half a second to tie the game.

Washington definitely blew it down the stretch and that half court heave was ridiculous. However, it was inexcuseable not to go to the replays to correct the time left. It was obvious live that there should have been more time left. It probably wouldn't have mattered but you gotta make sure at that point. And that was absolutely goaltending as well. It was only a 2 but what was that kid thinking?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 20, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
Washington definitely blew it down the stretch and that half court heave was ridiculous. However, it was inexcuseable not to go to the replays to correct the time left. It was obvious live that there should have been more time left. It probably wouldn't have mattered but you gotta make sure at that point. And that was absolutely goaltending as well. It was only a 2 but what was that kid thinking?

Exactly, but the extra half second could've gotten Washington's shooter behind the 3 point line for a chance, or a chance to be goal tended. Yeah not sure what that kid was thinking. Wasn't he the same one that touched the ball out of bounds on Washingtons half court heave?