West Region

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas had the raw talent to beat Duke without a doubt, but Rick Barnes is just a terrible game coach. Arizona has some talent too and I like Sean Miller, but it'll be a lot tougher for them to get Duke. Need Williams to go off, or Duke to get a comfortable lead and go into the prevent way too early.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
Duke played a perfect half of basketball and Derrick Williams kept Arizona in the game by himself. Irving and Williams are putting on a show for the NBA scouts.

1 and 2 in the draft this year? Very possible.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)
1 and 2 in the draft this year? Very possible.

I think so. Barnes and Kanter are the only other two options. This would be my order right now.

1. Irving

2. Williams

3. Barnes

4. Kanter

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
I think so. Barnes and Kanter are the only other two options. This would be my order right now.

1. Irving

2. Williams

3. Barnes

4. Kanter

It obviously depends who is drafting where but for me, I still go Barnes before Williams as Derrick is a joy to watch right now but he's still too much of a tweener NBA player for me. He can shoot the ball, which is huge obviously but taking people off the dribble or posting people up in the NBA is going to be quite the chore for him imo.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 10:42 PM)
I think I'm going to wager a large margin against Arizona in the Elite 8. They are literally playing as well as they possibly can. That's screams letdown to me.

I would tend to agree with this, especially since this second half performance will probably make the line more favorable to bet against them. Pretty crazy because the game could have been over at halftime if not for Williams kicking ass.